Chapter XVI

I came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body. I then quickly got my undergarments and a pair of Palazzo with a plain white hoodie. I brushed my hair went to Emily's room door and knocked on it.

She opened the and was startled by my presence."Are you okay?" I ask her "I'm fine but pls don't scare me like that again," She tells me. She is wearing a sky-blue T-shirt with a pair of black shorts. I wonder if I should tell her about this curse, I mean she is my friend after all but I still feel like I shouldn't "So, are you okay? " she asks cutting me off from my thoughts, I nod to which she asks "Are you sure" she looks at me with pure sympathy in her eyes " yes, I'm fine" I reply with no emotion in it "You know, there is a bruise forming on your cheek. Do you want me to get you an ice pack?" she asks "No need" I reply "If you say so, now we should be heading downstairs" she tells me "Yeah, we should" I reply

As we descended the stairs, we made our way to the dining area where we gathered around the table. Mr Richard turned to me and asked, "So, how was your day?" I took a deep breath and replied, "It was a good day. The morning was quite busy, but I managed to finish all my tasks on time. Overall, it was a satisfying day." "I see " he replied "As I take a bite of the delicious meal in front of me, Miss Anna, with her warm smile, leans over and asks, "Is everything to your liking, dear?" The aroma of the perfectly seasoned dish wafts through the air, and I can't help but appreciate the effort and care put into preparing such a wonderful meal."Yes, it is delicious " I tell her while putting a smile on my face. For the next few minutes, nobody spoke, lost in their reverie. It was as if they were all in their private worlds, enjoying the meal and the company, but also lost in reflection. The silence was not awkward, but comforting, allowing each person to fully appreciate the moment. After a scrumptious dinner, where we enjoyed a variety of dishes ranging from exotic seafood to delectable desserts, we bid adieu to each other and walked towards our rooms. Finally, we reached our respective rooms and retired for the night, feeling content and relaxed after a wonderful evening.

As I turned the doorknob and pushed open the door to my room, a rush of cool air greeted me. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. I made my way over to the desk, taking a seat and looking out the window. The sky was dark and clear, and the stars shone brightly, twinkling like tiny diamonds in the distance. I couldn't help but feel mesmerized by the beauty of the night sky, and I sat there for a while, lost in thought as I watched the stars dance and shine before my eyes. I checked the time it was 9:57 p.m. and I was trying not to fall asleep so I could not have a nightmare but before I knew it was 10.00 and I was starting to get dizzy slowly drifting to sleep...
_______________________________
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter and I know I haven't published a new chapter for 2 weeks and I am sorry for it so to make it up for it I have published two chapters for you guys to enjoy. And as always make sure vote, share and comment your suggestions. And make sure to checkout my friend Alisa6315's new story name "Power squad". Anyways bye (•○•*)