Chapter XVIII

I wake up from a peaceful and restful afternoon nap feeling energetic. As I make my way to the living room, I suddenly stumble upon my parents' room. I hear a familiar voice say, "We have to make this quick or else...". That voice is that mom?!, but what does she mean by "or else"? Confused and intrigued, I wonder what is going on. A flurry of questions starts flooding my mind. Before I can gather my thoughts, I hear footsteps getting closer and closer to the door knowing it's my mom and she'll be seeing me here any second now, I panic and quickly sprint to the nearest room, closing the door behind me. I can hear the sound of footsteps getting louder and crossing the door of the room I am in. My heart races with fear as I try to calm down and think about what just happened. After a few minutes, the footsteps fade away, and I feel safe enough to come out of the room. As I walk to the living room, I can't help but wonder what my mom meant by those words and what could be going on behind that closed door.
      ○●○●○●○●○●○
I make my way to the sofa, my thoughts grow more and more overwhelming like a flood threatening to wash me away. The worries and stresses that have been building up inside me seem to converge at this moment, and I feel powerless to stop them. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself, but the thoughts keep coming, faster and faster, until they're all I can think about. Sitting there on the sofa, I get lost in my mind. "What did she mean by that? What is she planning? Should I be scared? Worried? I should probably be on my guard after hearing all that. But what if she finds out? No, I can't let her if did...." my mom's voice suddenly interrupts my reverie. "Dear, are you okay?" she asks, her face filled with concern. I quickly snap back to reality, hoping she won't catch the lie as I reply, "I am fine, just zoned out for a second there." Despite my efforts to sound nonchalant, I can't shake off the feeling of worry that courses through me."Are you sure, you know you can talk to me, right?" She said while giving me a genuine smile " I just got zoned out that's all, you don't have to worry" I said "Okay, if you say so."my mom tells me, feeling a little unsure. "And your dad will be back home in a few minutes, so can you help me with the dinner tonight, dear?" she asked me with a warm smile. "Yeah, sure," I said, feeling a little sense of uneasiness about what just happened and trying to come up with a plan as soon as possible.
      ○●○●○●○●○●○●
I am right now in the kitchen helping my mom make dinner just hoping that I could come up with a plan soon or else.....
□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Hey guys hope enjoyed this chapter. It has been raining heavily lately on my side so there was a power cut for a few days so I haven't been able to publish the chapters pls understand. Anyways make sure to vote, share and comment down your suggestions and check out my friend Alisa6315's work Power Squad. As always bye [•□•]