Chapter XX

As I stood there, longing for a glimpse of the familiar face of the person I had been so desperate to see again - my mom - I was suddenly jolted out of my reverie by the sound of something whizzing through the air. Instinctively, I dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding the sharp blade hurtling towards me.

But in that split second of evasion, a wave of betrayal and sadness washed over me like a never-ending waterfall, threatening to drown me in its depths. The person I had trusted the most, the one who was supposed to protect me from harm, had just tried to harm me. The pain of seeing her doing it broke me from the inside. "It can't be...."

I found myself lost in thought. Suddenly, I heard a whooshing sound and a sharp pain in my left ear. I instinctively ducked and narrowly avoided a flying blade that had been thrown at me. My heart raced as I realized that my thoughts had almost cost me my life. Looking up, I saw my dad standing a few feet away with a deadly expression on his face. He had thrown the blade at me, and I could see the anger and frustration in his eyes. It was a close call, but I was grateful to have dodged it in time.

As I stood there, trying to defend myself from the blade that my dad had thrown at me, my mom suddenly joined in the attack, throwing the blade at me again. I had to keep on dodging it, my heart racing with fear and adrenaline. It pained me, seeing them do this but I couldn't let them hit me I had to concentrate and try my best not to get hit. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, the ground beneath my feet suddenly disappeared into thin air, leaving me falling into an endless void. As I fell into the void, struggling to hold on to the last bit of my consciousness, the darkness crept in, slowly but surely. I knew in my heart that this was it, the end of the road for me. I closed my eyes, ready to embrace my fate and bid farewell to this world.  The only thing I could hear now was the sound of my breathing as I started to lose consciousness.

I open my eyes to find myself surrounded by water. My thoughts start to flood my mind but right now my priority is to get out of here instantly. I see some light shining nearby on top of me and I swam up there. As I reached the top, I saw a huge castle that looked haunted and it also gave me the chills. I got out of the water and try to find my way out of there. As I kept walking I felt a weird sensation of someone following me. Suddenly I hear a noise and then someone or something hits my head and I fall unconscious.

I open my eyes and find myself in a room. Looking around I saw a man walking up to me, his face was covered up with a black mask. He had grey eyes with very dark black hair. I back up a bit. He then speaks "It's nice to finally meet you, Luna." His voice was unsettling and I felt shivers down my spine."Who are you?" I asked him cautiously while having my guard up. He chuckles and reply, "Cyrus, your worst nightmare...." With that he snaps his finger and everything went dark....
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
Hey, did u think I gave up? Of course not I always come back. Well anyways jokes aside I hope u enjoyed reading this chapter and u know the drill: vote, share and comment down your suggestions. As always checkout my friend Alisa6315's work "Power Squad". Anyways byee (▪︎○▪︎*)
P.S.- What do u think about the new character?
And shout out to MarcusXIce forever<333 aka my favorite ship (from power squad of course you better go and check that out)