Chapter XIX

As I sat on the couch reading a book, a faint sound caught my attention. After a few moments, I realized it was the sound of the doorbell ringing at the front door. I glanced up at the clock on the wall and saw that it was already 8:30 p.m., which meant Dad must be home. I made my way towards the door, feeling a mix of curiosity and caution. As I turned the doorknob and pulled the door open, I was greeted by his warm smile. With a cheerful tone, he said, "Hey sweetie, I brought you some cake." The sight of the cake made my mouth water as the sweet aroma filled the air. It was a beautifully decorated cake with layers of chocolate and vanilla, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. His kind gesture made me feel special and loved."Come in dad, we don't need you to get a cold now, do we?" I say and he comes in "I hope that whatever mom said in the room was just nothing important, hopefully" I think to myself.

As I walked down the hallway, I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness about what awaited me in the dining room. As I opened the door, I saw my parents sitting at the table, their faces beaming with smiles. The room was filled with the aroma of freshly cooked food, and the table was set beautifully with the best silverware and plates. As soon as I arrived at the dining table, I noticed my mom and dad already seated there. I greeted them with a warm smile and sat down next to them. My mom was quick to invite me to join them in enjoying the food that was laid out in front of us. I happily obliged, eager to dig in. However, even before I could take a bite, my mom interrupted me. "Dear," she said, "I know I gave you the necklace as a gift and it looks beautiful on you, but don't you think it might get dirty if you wear it while eating?" Her concern was genuine, and I couldn't help but admire her thoughtfulness and attention to detail."I think I'll keep my necklace on," I say calmly to my mother, who looks at me with concern. "But dear, I think you won't want to dirty your necklace, would you?" she asks me, worriedly.

"Mom, I've told you before that I'm good at wearing the necklace while eating and I won't get it dirty," I reassure her.

"Dear, I told you to take the necklace off," my mom suddenly yells.

I'm taken aback by her sudden change in tone and I ask her what's wrong. "Mom, what's wrong with you? You were the one who told me to keep the necklace with me always, so why do you want me to remove it now?"

I feel confused and amused while looking at her."Mom, tell me to sing the song which you sang for me when I was little then" I ask her "Dear....why d-do you want me to s-sing the song now? Don't you think we could do that afterwards?" She asks me while stuttering "So, you don't know the song?" I ask her "Yes, I mean no I know the song but I think we should do that later " She says nervously "Then, I think you won't have a problem with singing it right now" I reply "I...umm" she says "You what?" I ask "That's enough Luna. You are being rude to your mother right now" Dad yells, making both of us quiet. After a few minutes, I spoke up "Dad, don't you think it's weird that mom can't sing it?" I ask him "Luna, don't make me ground you." He yells "Dad what with you? you never do this to me, Now I know something is wrong for sure" I say "Luna, stop talking nonsense and eat your food" my mom tells me. I stay quiet. I was going to take a bite of my food but suddenly the lights went off."What the?" Suddenly my necklace started to glow and a spike was thrown at me, I dodged it by an inch. I looked in the direction in which the spike was thrown to find the familiar face, the person who I always loved dearly, my mom "No..."
<<<<<<<<<<<<○●○>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter I was kinda of stuck writing this chapter so that is why I wasn't able to publish this last week but now that I completed it I am so happy. Anyway make sure to vote, comment, share and also check my friend Alisa6315's
work "Power Squad".Anyways byee (•○•*)