Chapter XVII

I woke up to be in my room. "What?! How is this possible? How am I back at home? I was at Emily's house then how am I here? Was that all a dream? Maybe it was all a dream?" I get lost in my thoughts when suddenly I hear a familiar voice. "Luna sweetie, breakfast is ready" I hear "No, no way..mom?!" I say to myself, I get up from bed and run downstairs to the most important person in my life, my mom, I feel a rush of emotions. My heart was filled with love, gratitude, and admiration for her. As I wrapped my arms around her, I could feel her warmth and the comfort of her embrace. It was a tight hug, but one that conveyed all the affection and appreciation I had for her. At that moment, nothing else mattered but the bond we shared, and the love that we had for each other."Luna you are squeezing me" my mom said in my tight grip "Can we stay like this for a while?" I ask her "Are you okay dear? Did you have a nightmare or something?" my mom asks "Something like that but now that you are here I am okay?" I tell her. We stay like that for a minute before we pull away, I never felt this happy as I am right now, I want this moment to last forever."Sweetie comes on let's go you some breakfast " my mom tells me "But I just woke up and I didn't even brush my teeth" I tell looking at her awkwardly "Then go brush, take a shower and then come" she says before I run back to my room.
     _ ○●○●○●○●○●_
After finishing my refreshing shower, I decided to dress comfortably for the day by throwing on a cosy hoodie and pairing it with a cool and comfortable pair of shorts. I had tied my hair into a messy bun. I took one last look at myself in the mirror, checking to make sure I looked presentable. Satisfied with my appearance, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen where Mom and Dad were already seated at the table, waiting for me. The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the air as I joined them, took a seat and started to eat my breakfast. We chatted about our plans for the day, enjoying the food."Evelyn darling the food is delicious!" Dad tells Mom "Oh, thank you, Xaiden " Mom thanks him "Do you like the food sweetie?" My mom turns to me and asks "No, I love it" As I tell her about my thoughts, she gives me a warm and reassuring smile, which makes me feel comfortable and at ease. I return the smile, feeling grateful for her presence. As I continue to savour every bite of the scrumptious breakfast, I can't help but feel grateful for the moment and the delightful company but all of this feels a little too good to be true...
_______________________________
Didn't expect that did you? So hope you guys enjoyed the chapter you know the drill vote, share and comment down your suggestions. Make sure to check Alisa6315's work "Power Squad". Anyways bye (•^•☆)