Chapter 5

Y/n pov

I woke up to Bernard on my chest holding me tightly. I ran my fingers through his hair and rubbed his back. He grumbled something before tightening his grip on me.

"Bernard baby" I whispered

"No" he mumbled "Stay"

"I just need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

"No you're warm" he grumbled

"Bernard"

"Snowflake stay" he whispered.

"Baby it's 1 am. I'm going to the bathroom and then coming right back. I promise you" I said. He sighed before letting me go and rolling off of me. I went down to the bathroom before coming back. He was hugging my blanket to his chest. I walked back in and moved the blanket from his arms and moved myself into his arms instead. He buried his head into my neck. I felt him smile against my neck.

"See" I whispered

"You took too long" he whispered

"I was two seconds"

"Two seconds too long," he said with a small laugh. He pulled me into his chest. I laughed as he did so. I kissed his cheek. "Go back to sleep" he whispered

"I will" I whispered as I laid my head on his chest. He hugged me tightly and kissed my head.

.-.-.-

We were back into the full swing of getting ready for Christmas even though it was summer it never really felt like that here. I walked around the workshop with Dad helping the other elves where I could. Bernard was walking with us as he usually did when Dad was walking around. He kept making sure Dad was on task along with the other elves. This place always leaves me in awe no matter how long I've lived there.

I was kneeling near a desk helping one of the other elves with a rc car.

"Try this. It might work a touch better" I said changing the antenna out another one. He put it on and it worked. He smiled at me.

"Thanks"

"Anytime," I said before getting up. I saw Dad walking with Bernard and smiled before going to help one of the others who had called me earlier.

As I was helping I felt eyes on me. I looked over and saw Bernard starting. He quickly looked back in front of him with a smile on his face before I turned back to what I was doing. I figured out what the problem was and fixed it before getting up. I smiled at the elf before feeling an arm wrap around my waist and then get pulled by that person. I looked over and saw Bernard and Dad next to him. Bernard quickly kissed my cheek before letting me go and following Dad. I shook my head at him a little before doing my rounds. Once I saw everyone was good I went back to my office. I sat at my desk and looked over all the work that I actually needed to get done. I sighed before grabbing Bernard's jacket from off the other chair and wrapping it around me and Starting my work. Judy was training a new girl to do her job as she had moved up to another job in the kitchen. The new elf's name was Abby and she is the sweetest. I knew they would come in later with hot chocolate as they always did when I had a log of work.

I was in my office for about an hour when Abby came in.

"Hi Abby" I said sweetly "I see you're without Judy today"

"Hi. Yeah yesterday was the last day of training"

"So I'll be seeing you a lot more"

"Yeah"

"Alright," I said with a smile.

"Hot chocolate"

"Yes please."