Chapter 10

Y/n pov

We all went up to Dad's office while Curtis went to get the magnifying glass. I stood next to Bernard biting my lip. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"That's weird isn't it?" Dad said walking over. "These fit yesterday," he said talking about his pants which were now a couple of sizes too big. I took in a shaky breath.

"Hot cocoa for you," Abby said walking in.

"It's not a good time Abby" me and dad said to Abby.

"I sent dasher down for some Brazilian cocoa beans," she said

"What's the bad news," Dad asked. I stiffened slightly knowing this was exactly what she did with me the other day. Bernard looked at me confused.

"What do you mean" She asked.

"Whenever you play the designer bean card you have bad news"

Her smile dropped and she pulled out the list. Dad looked at the scroll.

"What are you doing with the naughty nice list" he asked as Bernard gave her a look of confusion and panic.

"Don't shoot the messenger" she said. Bernard left my side and went over to Dad's. He looked over his shoulder "it....Charlie" she said quietly

"Sheen? I thought we straightened him out"

"Not that Charlie," she said

I saw the look of realization on Dad's face as he saw his name. I took a deep breath.

"My Charlie. My son Charlie. He's on the naughty list? There's got to be a mistake"

"We don't make mistakes. I'm sorry Santa. Please excuse me" she said before walking out.

"How could this happen? Is this what you were trying to tell me?" He asked looking at me and Bernard when the door opened and Curtis walked in.

"Great you told him. Let's get you dressed for this meeting" Curtis said.

"I can't have the meeting here. I gotta go see Charlie" Dad said.

"Number two. Tell him now" Bernard said

"Tell me what guys. Come clean" Dad said.

"There's a clause," Curtis said.

"That would be me"

"I mean theirs another Santa clause"

"Curtis in case you haven't noticed this time of year the malls of full of other Santa clauses."

"Yeah, but there's another Santa clause. There was a first clause and now there's a second clause."

Bernard moved next to me and put his hand on my lower back.

"Just get on with it," Dad said.

"When the last Santa fell off your roof and you put on his coat you found this" Curtis said showing the card. I bit my nail as Dad nodded. I saw Bernard look over. He moved his hand from my back and grabbed my hand softly away from my face and held it.

"Right. He who wears the coat takes on the responsibility of Santa Claus and the rest is history right?" Dad said looking at me before Curtis. Bernard left my side and looked at Curtis.

"But it seems our number two elf," Bernard said with his voice raised slightly. "The keeper of the handbook. Overlook the single most important detail in the history of Christmas!" He said now yelling. I walked over and pulled him away from the younger elf.

"Wow one mistake and 900 years," Curtis said. I sighed and grabbed the card. I put it on the magnifying glass.

"Look," I said