Chapter 14

Y/n pov

Charlie had helped me set up a spot for sleeping that night. I was set up in the living room when I heard my name. I woke up and saw Laura.

"Hi Laura," I said sitting up a bit.

"When did you get here"

"Last night," I said.

"Oh"

"Yeah. Where's Dad"

"Possibly still in bed."

"Ok"

"Want some breakfast"

"Sure"

I got up and followed her into the other room. I sat down at the island

"How's the pole" she asked.

"Awful," I said "Dad needs to hurry up and get a wife. I heard it's not going well"

"It's not."

I sighed.

"Why are you down here"

"The fake Santa dad put in control kicked me out. Bernard doesn't know. I don't know how he taking it right now. I don't really know what's happening"

"Sounds exhausting," she said handing me a plate with food on it.

"It is"

"Morning Mom!" I heard a small voice say. I turned and saw Lucy walking over.

"Morning Lucy. Y/n is here"

"She is?"

"Yeah in the kitchen"

She walked in with a smile on her face.

"Hi, Lucy!" I said.

"Hi"

She sat next to me and Laura put her plate on the table.

"How are you, Lucy"

"Good," she said. She looked out the door. "I'm going to see what Charlie doing."

"Ok"

She put on her jacket and walked outside.

"She loves hanging out with him," Laura said.

"Sounds like Charlie when he was younger."

"She does."

"Morning Laura" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Morning Scott," Laura said as Dad walked in. He looked much much skinner. Like before we went to the pole.

"Hi dad," I said. He looked over at me and back at the coffee

"Hi-wait y/n!"

I laughed a little.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Well uh-" Then Lucy came back in and started talking about her and Charlie's conversation distracting Dad entirely.

.-.-.

I sat in the kitchen while Lucy and Dad were playing Go Fish. I was drinking a hot cocoa. I was on edge today. I couldn't focus on anything. I was missing Bernard. I really needed him right now. I could tell something was wrong at the pole by looking at the color of the necklace. I kept holding onto it for comfort. That's when I realized I was doing it again. I sighed to myself and looked down at it. It was a Grey reddish color. I ran my hand through my hair and took another sip of my drink. I looked over at Dad and Lucy.

"Got any twos"

"Hm go fish!"

Then we heard a loud bang.