Chapter 7

Y/n pov

It's finally November which means Christmas is right around the corner. I have finished all the paperwork needed for this year and now spend most of my time in the workshop. Bernard and Dad were now the ones in their office most of the day. Curtis was walking around with Bernard most of the day and he'd complain about It when were getting ready for bed when he was in bed. I am making sure he gets more sleep in bed but half the time I'm in bed he's not even in the room yet. I wake up during random parts of the night to see if he's there. Sometimes he is sleeping or reading something other times he's not in yet.

I was doing my laps around the workshop watching everyone work. I checked on everyone before seeing Curtis quickly walking by.

"Curtis you looked stressed. What's wrong?" I asked. He stared at me blankly for a second

"Just need to see Bernard. Nothing to worry about" he said quickly. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Are you sure"

"Yep"

"Ok," I said as I let him go up to Bernard. I watched him for a moment before going back to what I was doing. I went around making sure everything was OK before walking up towards dad office. I walked in and he was sitting at his desk messing with a small toy.

"Hey Dad," I said as I shut the door behind me.

"Oh hey y/n," he said looking up with a smile. I sat down in one of the chairs and laid my head on my arm on his desk.

"What are you doing," I asked looking at the toy.

"I saw this the other day. It was in one of our moving boxes" he said. He showed me the small toy before placing it in my hands. I looked at it and saw it was a small duck. I smiled at it.

"Bernard had me make a toy one time when he came for training," I said standing it on the table. "I made this," I said rolling it towards him

"You made this" he asked

"Yeah. I made a lot of small toys when I was young. This was the most recent."

"Why didn't I know this"

"I usually did it when you and Laura were fighting," I said quietly

"I should've been there for you more," he said.

"Stop no. You're here for me now and it's more than I could ever ask for and you know that" I said. He nodded sadly. I took a deep breath. "Let's go get hot chocolate," I said. He smiled a little.

"Alright"

"How busy is your day?"

"Not very. Why"

"We could do some snow stuff that we did when I was younger"

"Yeah. Let's do it" he said with a smile. We both got up and headed outside. We made it to the hot chocolate place and sat down. We both talked for an hour before we went out to the village. The elves had started a snowball fight and I looked at dad

"You're on," he said going to one side. I went to the other and we joined in on the fight. Dad was hitting elves left and right until it was me against Dad. He had a snowball in his hand and was throwing it up and catching it lightly. I was behind one of the barriers waiting for him to pass by mine. I heard him getting closer before quickly jumping up and hitting him in the stomach. He looked down at his jacket before at me. He groaned as I laughed.

"Guess you win"

"I think so," I said cautiously as he gave me a suspicious smile. "What's that face for?"