Chapter 12

Y/n pov

I woke up to Bernard rubbing my back softly with one hand while playing with my hair with the other. I was lying on his chest before I turned my head to look up at him. He looked down at me

"What time is it?" I asked quietly

"4"

"In the morning?!"

"Yeah"

"Why are you up?"

He shrugged.

"Couldn't sleep"

"Why?"

He shrugged again.

"Because of dad?" I asked softly

"I guess. He's one of the best Santa's we had. I just hope he can figure this out. And now we have this plastic thing to babysit while he's away. Just makes this year so complicated"

"I know" I whispered sitting up a bit to cup his cheek. "But we will figure this out. You told me the other day everything will be fine and it will be." I said kissing his cheek "he'll figure it out and you have to sleep so we can babysit that plastic man"

"Ok," He said. He moved with me still on top of him to lie down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and moved closer to him. I kissed his neck and shoulder a couple of times.

"Go to sleep"

"I will"

I listened for a member before hearing his soft snores. I smiled a little before kissing his cheek.

"Sleep well my love" I whispered. He hummed something before holding me tighter and closer to him. I smiled as I moved to lay on his shoulder again before falling back to sleep myself.

.-.-

"I am Santa. Ho ho ho" the fake Santa said into dad mirror for probably the fifth time. I stood in between Bernard and Curtis with my arms crossed over my chest. "Boo!"

"Yeah no no I think this will work," Bernard said. "Good...good job Curtis"

"Would it kill you to give a wholehearted compliment?" Curtis asked.

"Ho ho ho," the fake Santa said.

"Santa?" Curtis said making him turn around to look at Curtis. "I need you to look at this" The fake Santa looked at the handbook before turning back to the mirror.

"Very nice"

"No you got to read it," Curtis said laughing a little. I sighed and looked away. I almost walked out before Bernard grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. I sighed and rested my forehead on his shoulder.

"Well let's try to be more specific shall we," the fake Santa said grabbing the book. "Let's take this over to my desk"

"How does he know where it is?" Bernard asked rubbing my back soothingly.

"I programmed him that way. He has all of Santa's memories." Curtis said walking over to the desk. Bernard pulled me with him over to the desk. "Ok I need you to study everything in this book because it is the key to being Santa"

"Right! I'll memorize everything in the book. I'll follow all the rules. Cos rules are very important!" The fake Santa said

" I like this guy," Curtis said

"I miss Dad" I mumbled into Bernard's shoulder. He sighed and kissed my head.

"Everything will be fine"

Then the door opened behind us. I spun around and saw Abby.

"Hi, Santa!" She said happily walking over to Fake Santa's desk. I froze for a second before Bernard pinched my side lightly and gave me a small look.