Chapter 10: Ghostbaby

"Sorry, I wasn't there for you, Sidney. I didn't know what was happening." I say to the girl as I mentally imagine bashing her face off the metal lockers until she's dead. Fuck, how the hell am I supposed to go a whole day without beating her into the white tiled floor of the school?

Don't lose it.

"It's alright, Maxine. I'm fine, honest." Sidney tells me, but I can see the fear and pain in her eyes. I take pride in the fact that I caused that, making me internally beam as I give her a fake sympathy smile.

"No, you're not." Tatum snaps from her locker right next to Sydney's, and I dig my nails into my thighs to keep from beating her to death as well. Seriously, I'm going to end up causing a fucking felony if someone doesn't save me from this torture.

Don't lose it, Maxine.

"Hey, ladies." Stu says as he comes up behind Tatum like God poofed him into existence just to keep me from losing my shit. I swear, if Tatum wasn't there and I didn't have an act to keep up, I'd have kissed that boy senseless. And he knows it too from the way I catch him eyeing me over Tatum's head.

"Hey, baby." Tatum says, kissing Stu and making my peaceful reign crash and burn. Yep, I'm going to kill someone at some point today. Knew I should've stayed home. Sydney doesn't even really register Stu's appearance, but I give him a goofy look, making us both laugh and giggle at each other.

Maybe I won't lose it.

"Hey, Stu. Hey, better get to class so I'm not late. See you in class later, Stu." I tell them all, hurry away in order to keep myself from actually committing a felony within the first ten minutes of the school day. "Fuck, this is going to be a long day-Ah!"

I'm yanked into an empty classroom, and spin around to punch the fuck whoever woke up and decided that they wanted to die today, but my fist is caught mid-swing.

"Easy there, babygirl. It's just me." Billy says to me, giving me that smirk that makes my heart leap from my chest. I throw my arms around him with a squeal, and he chuckles as his arms come around me, his face burying in my hair. "Fuck, I missed my Ghostbaby."

"I missed you, Ghostdaddy." I say before pulling back and punching him as hard as I can in the arm. "That's for getting arrested, you dickwad. A fucking heads up would've been nice instead of seeing it on the fucking TV."

"Ouch, you really can be a threat." Billy says with a laugh, rubbing his shoulder as he mentions the very first phone call that I got from him and Stu, but that doesn't make me less upset at him.

"Billy Loomis, if there's going to be any more goddamn surprises like that, I need you to tell me right now because I nearly ran Sidney over with my fucking car yesterday. I was going to fucking destroy her for getting you arrested." I snap at him, and he chuckles as he grins, holding his hands in mock surrender.

"Fine Ghostbaby, we'll tell you everything you want to know, but after school at your place." Billy says to me, making me scowl at him with narrowed eyes. He gives me a heated, challenging look as he holds my stare, but after a few minutes, I caved.

"Fine, you fucking better, or I'm hitting you with the car right after I run her down. And Tatum because I just despise that bitch." I tell him seriously, pointing at him as he mock surrenders again. "You're welcome, by the way."

"So, it was you who made the call." Billy says, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "Not that I don't think it's hot as hell you'd do that for me, but why?"

"Because I got bored all by myself. Bad things always happen when I get bored." I tease, making him give me a curious, yet lustful smirk as he eyes me up and down slowly. I give him a teasing and playful wink, licking my lips to rile him up even more. Like I said, I like fire and want to get burned.