Part 1

Summer, 1999

A young Pup Jimin was seen playing outside his home  by himself, drawing with chalk on the sidewalk. A moving truck drives by and a folding chair falls off as the truck goes over a speed bump. Jimin looks up and spots a young pup with big doe eyes from the window of the truck. Jimin beams and waves at him but the said pup stares back, expressionless.

The commotion draws the attention of Jimin's alpha  father, Park Min-Ho, who comes out of his noodle shop to see what's going on. The Doe eyes pup's alpha father,  Jeon Hae-In , gets off the truck to grab the fallen chair and introduces himself, his omega wife  Jeon Mina and his pup  Jungkook to Min Ho. Min Ho already knows who they are. One of their neighbors, Auntie Fang, mentioned that a police officer and his family would be moving into the apartment above them . Park Min Ho generously offers to help Jeon Hae-In to move in.

Once the truck leaves, Min Ho tries to get Jimin to go inside, but he says that he's not done. He still has to draw him. He looks down at Jimin's chalk drawing, where he's drawn himself holding hands with his omega father. He looks slightly sad at the sight of the drawing, but praises him.

While Hae-In and Mina unpack and get settled in their apartment, Hae-In  mention that Min Ho's mate passed away not long ago and suggests that Mina to not bring it up. Apparently, Jimin's omega father had a high-risk pregnancy but refused to induce labor and gave birth prematurely. In the end, both he and his unborn pup passed away last June.

Hae-In remarks how sad it is that the little pup he just met, Jimin, is omega parentless at such a young age. Mina responds that their own family isn't much better off than them. Hae-In's face falls, but he tries to change the subject. It's the first hint at their frosty relationship.

Jungkook is in his new bedroom, looking at a family photo. He runs his finger over the face of a young girl in the photo, carried in his parents' arms. When his mother calls his name, he quickly tries to hide the frame, but Mina notices it and pulls out the box and breaks down when she spots a toy drum as well as the framed photo. Jungkook apologizes to his mother, who rips up the photo, upset, and takes the box outside to throw away.

____________________________________________________

sometime later....

Jimin races up to Jungkook's mother with an ice pop that he wants to give to Jungkook. But Mina gives warn smile and says that Jungkook doesn't eat ice pops.

At night, Min-Ho finds Jimin with the box of toys that Jungkook's mother threw away. Jimin also found the ripped up photo and has started meticulously taping it back together. Minho tells Jimin that he shouldn't bring up the little girl pup in the photo with Jungkook's parents, because the pup isn't here anymore. Jimin asks if the girl died, like his other father. Mim-Ho says that he left to become a goddess.

Min-ho tells Jimin that they have to throw the box of toys away — it's not appropriate to keep them. But Jimin wants to keep the box  as on of his  treasures and eventually, his father relents.

One of the neighbors, Auntie Qian(elderly omega), sets Min-Ho up on a blind date with a female omega  named He Mei. Jimin tags along and gets to knows exactly what's going on. He Mei has brought her son, Kim-Bum whom Jimin immediately glares at and dislikes.

Auntie Qian takes the kids outside to play while the parents chat. The conversation is awkward with Min-Ho and He Mei unable to find much common ground. Min-Ho doesn't really have any interests other than cooking and spends most of his time running the noodle shop. Similarly, He Mei is usually busy working as well. When Min-Ho finds out that He Mei usually buys takeout for Kim-Bum because she doesn't have time to cook, he suggests she come by his noodle shop. He'll feed them. He Mei seems surprised that he's interested in Kim-Bum and surprised that he likes children.