Part 14

May 2019

Jimin wakes up early in the morning for an art exhibition were his work is being shown at. His fridge is empty so he ends up grabbing a cucumber and eating it raw, but he still gets toothaches and his tooth hurts so much that he can barely eat. he gets a phone call from Ming Yue — his ringtone sounds like a dog barking. Ming Yue has finally returned from a work trip and is on his way to get a new car before picking someone up at the airport.

Jimin sketches on the crowded bus to the exhibition, then notices that the man sitting next to him is trying to pickpocket a straphanger. he "accidentally" bumps into his seatmate, thwarting his theft attempt. He glares at Jimin, then gets up to stand near the door, where he continues to glance grumpily at him. 

On his way off the bus, Jimin sticks a doodle with the words "I'm a thief!" on his back, without his noticing. he looks pleased with himself and doesn't notice that someone is following him.

_______________________________________________

MinHo's noodle shop is incredibly successful and busy. He has several employees now and the tables are always full. Auntie Qian walks in and notices a new banner among the banners commemorating Jimin's various awards wrapped around a column in the shop. She asks MinHo how much the prize money is this time, then makes comments about how Jimin should find a more secure line of work, and how MinHo's children have all left him now. She's eager to set him up with a woman. MinHo has finally managed to extricate himself from Auntie Qian when an employee tells him that he has a phone call.

It's HaeIn, reporting that Jungkook is returning today, but he forgot.

Jungkook's phone buzzes incessantly as he exits the airport, but he ignores it. He doesn't wait long outside before Ming Yue shows up to pick him up. He tells him that he didn't need to come — he could have called a taxi — but he says it's no big deal.

Ming Yue seems to have been in contact with Jungkook enough to help him find an apartment. He offers to take him out to dinner as a sign of gratitude. Mingyue blushes and acts like it's no big deal, but seems pleased. he tells him that Jimin has an exhibition today and that he got an extra ticket for him, but Jungkook says that he has other plans and asks him to let him nap when he tries to chat more.

Jimin finds Jhope when he gets to the exhibition. Jimin is nervous about his sculpture's chances of winning an award, but Jhope reassures him that the people who came by have only had good things to say. Jimin also wants to check out a work made by a friend . Jhope points him toward a sculpture that looks like a headless, naked bust of a woman. There are a lot of people crowded around the sculpture. Jimin tries to stick his head in to take a peek, but one of the onlookers bumps into him and he loses her balance, falling backward...

_____________________________

Jungkook downs a bowl of noodles at home while MinHo gently tells him not to eat too quickly. MinHo is sentimental upon seeing him back at home as an adult. Sometimes he still stands behind his noodle shop counter, staring at the doorway and thinking that his three kids will burst in as the children they once were. But now, none of them are home.

Jungkook reassures MinHo that this time he's back for good. He won't leave again. MinHo cautiously asks if his mother is okay with it, but Jungkook says that with MinHo and the others here, there's no way he would've stayed in Singapore forever. He's already lined up a job here and starts tomorrow.

MinHo is overjoyed and immediately calls Jimin, needing to share the good news. He tells him that he should make a trip back home and starts to tell him about Jungkook, but is interrupted by Jimin  telling him that he's at the police station.