1| Outer Space Late.

Mackenzie's POV:

Being rudely interrupted by music blasting in my ear I slowly lift up my head to check the time on my bedside alarm, which was yelling in my like that time my mother got mad at me for not buying her alcohol.

Looking at the clock and rubbing my eyes one last time to see what time it is, the sun softly pressed a kiss on my face, but the affection got pulled away from me when I realized its 7:40 and my shift starts at eight.

Oh my God, I overslept!

I literally have 20 minutes to shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, and check on my dog Lola, spend another 20 minutes looking for an outfit and last but not least brushing my teeth.

And it probably doesn't help that I'm a massive germaphobe, because everything needs to be clean, I need to shower or else I'm literally going nowhere.

This was the first time in ages that I completed all my morning tasks this fast but it still don't change the fact that I'm still late.

I hurriedly tied my Nike sneakers, shoe laces and checked my phone just as a message bubble pops up.

My eyes wandered down to the message bubble and I'm immediately irritated by just seeing his stupid name.

My eyes go to the time on my phone again and it's 8:30am, I'm obviously dead. Should I even bother going to work anymore, maybe I should call in and tell the boss I'm sick.

Just when I picked up my phone, my Uber was here, I jumped in and zoned out the entire ride thinking about excuses on why I could've been late, maybe I should say my dog died, no I can't, I can't say that I love Lola to much, what would it posses me to say that?

Finally I'm in front of a beautiful restaurant, I took a moment to appreciate the architecture of the places the big glass windows, the color scheme seem so perfect and don't get me started on the big sign above the restaurant/café spelling out OUTER SPACE CAFÉ.

Looking at myself in the reflection of the big window I fix my uniform and hair because I can at least look good showing up late to my first day of work.

While putting on lip palm I didn't think about the fact that people can see me from the inside and that's when I could see a old man and what looks like his wife laughing at me.

That's just great.

Entering the massive café/restaurant I take in the atmosphere and blow off my social anxiety which was now starting to service but I managed to shook it off.

Looking over at the counter area there is a lot of food being displayed on the counter, a lot of coffee machines, expresso machines, cookies, bagels, sandwiches even sushi.

That's when my eyes met a waiter behind the counter busy making a milkshake for a little boy who looks like he's 10 with a skateboard in his hand and watching the waitress making the milkshake.

She gave me a nasty side eye and I felt it in my soul, is it because I was late? Or what is her problem ?

She's so beautiful she looked like she had brunette hair but as I got closer I could see some blond highlights, and what amazed me the most is her yellow, brown eyes.

To be honest I wish I could look like her...

"Good morning, where is the manager's office?" I asked, trying to ignore her rudeness.

She just glared at me again and pointed to a big brown door behind the counter area. I headed straight for it without dwelling on her attitude.

Knocking twice on the big brown door, I heard a man's voice saying, "Come on in." Opening the door, I was struck by lightning, figuratively speaking. Who was this gorgeous, handsome guy sitting in front of me? He had black curly hair, beautiful hazel eyes, and a tattoo sleeve that instantly caught my attention.