8| Ghost Girl.

Austin's POV:

"My new employee Mackenzie is such a pain, but to be honest, she is so gorgeous. Her brunette long wavy hair and a captivating shine in her eyes that I can't explain.

On her first day at work, she was late. Given my bad attitude and short temper, I flipped out at her, and maybe that wasn't the best first impression. When she left my office, I immediately regretted my actions.

I can't help it; I never had a good father figure to show me how to treat a woman. So yeah, I guess I'm not a gentleman.

Anyway, it's my friend's 21st birthday tomorrow, and I can't wait to party. Managing a restaurant is tough, so it's been a while since I've been to a party.

We've been friends for about three years, meeting at a bar. I may have even made out with her sister, but does he need to know? No!

But that was about four months ago. I know it's still early, but let's forget that for now.

Pulling up at Darian's huge mansion in my Lamborghini Diablo-yeah, I can afford it. Stepping out, I'm immediately met with a lot of eyes on me. I'm kind of used to it now; am I that irresistible?

"Yo, Bro," Darian says, shaking my hand and giving me a hug. It's been three months since we last saw each other. Wondering why? Well, I had a mental breakdown, the biggest one I've ever had. In that state of mind, I tend to hit and mess up anything in my way.

So, I decided to distance myself from anyone except maybe my brother Chris.

Chris is the co-manager of our family restaurant/Cafe, Outer Space Cafe. Our relationship is pretty strong because when your dad is in prison for rape, and your mother is broken, you need stability or else you'll break. And I'll never forget THAT night.

"Oh hey, Austin," I hear Ella's voice behind me while I'm pouring myself a shot of vodka.

"Hey," I say, looking at her. My eyes start going to her lips, but I quickly realize she can probably see that, so I look away. Suddenly, she says she needs to go and runs out of the massive living room.

So, I decided to go to the pool area where a lot of girls are in bikinis and swimming. I like it, but maybe I should go back inside because when I stepped foot outside, I saw Tessa, my toxic ex. Before she could even glare at me, I went inside again, just to see a really gorgeous familiar face.

She looks even more stunning with that black dress, but it's too damn short. For God's sake, put on something longer. She was talking to Darian and Ella, but Ella immediately ran away for some odd reason.

I looked away, and Darian was leading her upstairs. Where the heck do they think they're going? Not on my watch! I followed them, making sure to be a little slow so that they don't realize. I'm not a stalker, but I like that stupid girl.

Knocking on the door and no answer, I decided to go inside, but I didn't see Mackenzie anywhere. Did she turn into a ghost? I couldn't see her anywhere.

"The party's downstairs," I tell Darian, and we go back down to the party. After a few minutes, I started to get a huge urge to pee, so I started walking to the bathroom and saw the ghost girl, fucking drunk, walking against the walls.

She started trembling, and like a Ferrari, I was in front of her to catch her. In my arms, we stared at each other for a few seconds, as always. There's this chemistry between us. I don't know if she feels it too, but I can sure as hell feel it.

I took her to the bathroom and placed my hands on her shoulders, holding her softly but tightly.

"What the heck were you thinking?" I say with a cold expression, obviously pissed off. Out of nowhere, she says something that made me feel like a high schooler.