13| Royal Blue.

Austin's POV:

It's been an awful day so far because I woke up to news that my dad is free from prison. I'm going to have to tell Chris about this, but first, I need to go to Darian's house because he said we should hang out.

Pulling up to Target, I get out of my Lamborghini Diablo and take in my surroundings. Walking to the back of my car to check if things still look good, and they do.

I lift up my head and look at the blue sky; it's so beautiful at the moment that I can literally be floating up there.

I walk up the sidewalk to the entrance of Target and go in. Walking in, I could sense all the girls' attention drawn to me; I'm kind of used to it now.

My hand goes to my belt, and I just pull it up a little to adjust it and go to the drink aisle.

Grabbing one Monster energy drink and one Red Bull, I go to the bakery section to get Darian's favorite pastry.

I leave the cart at the energy drink section because I suddenly had to take a piss, so I walk over to the men's bathroom.

Unbelting my trousers, I pull it out and start to pee; it felt like a mountain lifted from my chest, such a relief.

I reach for the switch to flush the toilet, and that's when I hear someone opening the main door, but I brushed it off, probably just another dude.

I turn my head around by the vibration of the door; someone was trying to get in.

Switching the switch from red to green, the door gets pressed open, and lips made contact with mine.

I pull back and push the girl away lightly, and it's my ex.

"Really, what the heck?" I say, wiping my lips because I immediately cringe at the fact that she kissed me without my permission.

She continued looking at me, biting her lip, like I was about to kiss her again.

I push her to the side and walk past her. I walk over to the sink, look at myself in the mirror, and wash my hands.

"Get out of the stupid men's bathroom, you slut," I say, drying my hands with a paper towel and turn to her, looking at her brown eyes.

She was wearing a short tank top with a shirt that's almost showing her blue thong and red heels-annoying.

You're probably wondering why I'm a jerk to her. Well, it all goes back a few months ago when we still dated. We were happy, dates almost every single day, but at Sage's graduation party, I caught her making out with some dude I don't know.

That's why she's a slut, and now she thinks it's okay to just come up to me and kiss me in the men's bathroom.

"Why are you being so rude?" she asks, coming closer until an older man walks in.

"What the heck are you doing in the men's bathroom?" the man asks, looking confused.

"Tessa, get the heck out," I yell out.

"Shut your mouth, little dick," she says, looking over the man who asked her what she's doing in the bathroom, then walks out with a stupid catwalk.

Seems like life always throws you stupid people.

Pulling up to Darian's mansion, I can already tell that it's going to be awkward around Ella, like it always is.

Knocking twice, the huge door opens, and there stands Darian's mom. "Hello, Miss Hilia, is Darian home?" I ask with a smile on my face.

I don't know why I'm so nice with some people, but when it comes to Mackenzie or Tessa, I'm rude. Why is that?

I think scientists should run tests on me to check what's wrong with me or just use me as a test dummy or something.

"He's by the pool, sweetheart," she says, letting me walk through the hallways to the pool area. Darian was sitting with his back towards me, feet in the pool, listening to what seems like Lil Wayne.

"What the heck, dude?" he says with a laugh afterwards, coming up to the surface of the pool.

I let out a laugh too, remove my shoes, and roll up my trousers because I'll probably wet my feet too.

Sitting my phone on the patio table, I walk over to the pool. "Dude, you won't believe this. There's this girl that wants to have sex with me," he says, picking up a royal blue towel and drying his hair.

Darian and I are so cool with each other that we tell each other anything, so you already know I told him about Tessa in the men's bathroom.

"That girl's crazy, dude," I let out a laugh and then add, "so who's the girl?" He shows me a picture of a girl I've never seen before, and she's kind of thick.

My phone starts to ring, and the ground vibrates underneath us like there's an earthquake.

"Hello?" I answer, looking over Darian and then in front of me.

"Austin, you have to come to the hospital!" I hear my sister Sage say behind the phone in full panic mode.

"What? What happened?" I ask, about to put on my shoes when Sage tells me that Chris was stabbed in his house.

My cold heart drops to the ground, and I can feel anger brewing inside of me. Who would do this? Why would they want to hurt Chris? What did he ever do?

I hang up not answering, not saying goodbye to Darian. I run out of the swimming pool area, Darian yelling "what's wrong," but I flat out ignore him.

Pulling up to the hospital, Chris is laying there with pipes coming from his nose. I sit next to him and tell Sage to give us a minute.

For the first time, I feel like I'm going to lose him, and I can't. It's going to break me in half, even though there isn't much left to break.

I touch his hand, wrap my fingers around his, tears escaping my eyes as I lower my head onto the bed.

I find Mackenzie crying behind two lockers, and I feel sorry for her, so I take her to my special place - a cliffside in the forest.

There I can't help myself but to just kiss her. I won't say I regret it.

I feel like a king who is in so much pain, but I can't tell anyone because I need to be strong, I need to act strong even though I'm blue.

I try to live in color, but my life always turns black and white, and I bring the color to that equation because I'm blue.

So just like Darian's towel earlier, you could probably say that my life is royal blue because I'm royalty, but even royalty can be blue sometimes.

________________

Thank you for reading this chapter <3
It means alot and I hope you read the next one too.
Leave a vote if you liked it.