18| Towel.

Mackenzie's POV:

"That will be $5," I say, handing a lady her croissant.

"Thank you, sweetheart," she replies and gives me a cute smile.

Darian has been blowing up my phone, saying I should visit him, but I don't know why. This week has probably been the busiest this place has ever been since I've been here.

Yesterday, my dad and Katherine have been so secretive about something because when I entered the house, they quickly got startled like they were hiding something.

And that got me thinking, what was it?

"Mackenzie, Austin wants you in his office," I hear James's voice appearing behind me. "I'll take over," he adds with a smile.

Walking down the hallway to his office, I get myself ready because I don't know what version this is. Is it the dickhead or the sweet guy from the other day? With him, you never know.

Just when I opened the office door after knocking, I feel two arms wrapped around me, my back towards him, and his lips against my neck.

"What are you doing?" I say, folding because I'm so ticklish at my neck. He continues to kiss me and goes up to my lips, slowly starting to kiss me.

"Come over, later," he says looking at me with dominant eyes.

Did he really just invite me to his house? Wait, let me make sure.

"Come over where?" I release with a soft moan afterward.

"My house," he replies and then all of a sudden pushes me against the wall aggressively but not too hard.

"Now get the heck out," he says walking over to his big table in the middle of the office.

See, that's what I don't understand. I'm starting to be convinced that he has a multiple personality disorder because how can you be so sweet and then all of a sudden turn into a dickhead?

Walking out of his office, so confused, I wipe off my lips and walk towards the changing area. Entering it, my eyes immediately fall on the area behind the two lockers. And that's where I met the sweet Austin.

Tears wanted to start to form in my eyes, but they immediately disappeared when I saw Sage entering the room.

"Hey, Mackenzie," she says with a smile.

I have no idea how these people can change their moods so easily. Remember when I said this place shouldn't be called Outer Space Cafe; it should be called Angry Birds Cafe? I changed my mind; it should be called Mood Swings Cafe.

"Hey, Sage," I say, opening my locker ready to pick up my backpack to go home.

We started awkwardly talking about a customer she helped that was rude AF, according to her.

___________________

Knocking twice on a big glass door, a lady in a black and white dress opened the door. "Hello, can I help you?" she asks.

"Good afternoon, I'm looking for Austin," she says and immediately opens the door. "You must be Ms. Mackenzie," she says and adds, "he said you can go wait in his office, follow me."

I'm so confused.

I followed her to his office, and it seems as though it's just this lady here, which I believe is their maid. Austin's house is amazing; it has so much detail and amazing architecture.

The staircase has a lot of detail on the staircase railing, and I'm all about detail.

She opens the door to his office, and I enter it, closing the door behind me. I hear her footsteps go down the hallway.

I look at the pictures on the wall, and I couldn't believe what I saw. It was a family picture with Chris, a man, Austin, and Sage?

Sage is Austin's sister? Now it all makes sense, the mood swings, the business, the fact that he trusts her so much.

The fact that I thought they were dating is embarrassing.

Where is his mother? I can't see her in any one of the pictures; it's always just this sketchy-looking dude that I believe is his father.

My bladder must be joking right now; it feels like the queen bee has escaped from the beehive, and now the bees are stinging me like crazy.

I need to pee.

Without thinking, I walk out of the office quickly, and the first room I saw, I enter, but it was a bedroom. But I saw another door inside, and I ran for it.

I didn't care about whose bedroom or bathroom I'm in; I just need to get the queen bee back into the beehive.

Feeling the relief from the stings, I get up and wipe myself. Washing my hands, I realize that I'm literally in someone else's bathroom.

Opening the door, I first just look out with my head to see if anyone is in here, and then I leave the bathroom completely and look around the bedroom.

It's so clean and organized; every cushion is correctly placed. This person must have OCD.

"What are you doing in here?" he says, opening the door and seeing me in my own thoughts thinking about OCD.

Forget it.

"Nothing, I - I just - just - had to use the - the - bathroom," I say, looking down at his wet body.

It looked like he just showered because his hair was wet, and his body too, but he had a towel around his waist.

Oh my God, help me, I'm about to faint.

Why the hell didn't he shower in his own bathroom? Because it looks like this is his room.

"Excuse me," I say, trying to move past him, but he grabs my arm and pulls me in towards him.

I could feel that he didn't have anything on; I could feel he was naked underneath his towel, and that sends shivers down my spine.

He starts getting closer to my lips but doesn't kiss me; he just teases me by biting my lip and breathing down on me.

I'm about to faint.

He comes closer, and I could feel him against my body. That's when I felt like it was enough; he's my boss, for God's sake, so I pushed him back and went out of the room.

And went straight for the front door; I don't know why he wanted me over today, but it certainly isn't this, so that can wait.

I need to get home and change my clothes.

Getting into the Uber, I greet Uncle Joe and sit in silence thinking about him, his naked body against my weak one. He was wearing a towel, but still.

Entering my room, I immediately took a shower and couldn't stop thinking about him. Why does he do this to me? Why?

My dad isn't home again, and that bothers me; it looks like he's about to abandon me for Katherine, and that can't happen because he's all I have.

Opening my phone, Hunter has been sending me messages nonstop; he probably has called about 3000 times and left 5000 messages.

And I know I'll probably get beat up when he finds me, for not answering his messages.

But before I could even think about anything else, I was fast asleep.

Probably because I couldn't stop thinking about him and the white towel.

________