2| The 9th Floor.

Mackenzie's POV:

"Can you get me a beer from the fridge?"

"Come here, you stupid, worthless bitch."

"You're nothing, and you'll never be something."

Getting pulled from my awful nightmare by a gust of wind blowing through my window, I'm sweating. She did this to me; she caused this internal pain.

Why didn't I close my window? I must've fallen asleep while watching The Originals.

"Sweetheart," my dad comes running into the room. "What's wrong? It sounded like you were having another nightmare," he says and sits on the side of my bed.

"I'm fine, Dad, just a stupid nightmare," I say, laughing it off silently, knowing damn well that there's a reason behind that nightmare.

My dad hugged me, and I felt eight again when he would read me bedtime stories while my mom was downstairs smoking and drinking.

And then he would kiss me on my forehead and tuck me into bed. But eleven years have passed, and he still does it.

I really feel loved by my dad because I don't really like socializing with people, even though I feel so famous because since high school, people knew me, even though I didn't know them.

I have a lot of friends but only 4 best friends: my dad, my dog Lola, my brother Ty, and my new friend I met at the cafe 2 days ago.

Looking at my alarm clock next to me, I see that it's 3:18 am and decide not to go back to sleep since I can't sleep anymore. So I decide to put on The Originals and start watching it.

When 5 o'clock hits, I get up, get refreshed, do my morning tasks, and get dressed.

Opening the fridge, I lose my appetite. I don't know why, but I don't feel like eating this morning, but that's okay because I literally work at a cafe.

Climbing out of the Uber, I see a nice Jeep Wrangler in the cafe's parking lot. It looks so good; I wish I could own one.

I wonder who owns it though.

Opening the cafe's door, I look back for a second because a dog starts barking at children in the street, but the next thing I know, coffee is spilled all over the floor.

"I'm so, so sorry," I say slowly looking up at whomever I just walked through like a brick wall. I can smell a really nice fragrance; it's the smell of a good cologne for sure. This person must really be hygienic, just like me, or maybe a germaphobe.

Next thing I know, a hand is gripping my chin tightly but not hurting me.

"Watch where you're fucking going next time," my boss says, looking straight into my eyes.

"I said I'm sorry," I say, looking into his soulless eyes, and then my eyes wander down to his lips. He's your boss, Mackenzie; stop it.

"Go get a mop and clean this shit up, and make me another coffee," he says, letting go of my face and throwing it to the side slightly.

Every single day, he's been rude. I've never even seen him smile.

Looking over to Sage, standing behind the counter, a smile forms on her face, and she starts laughing, thinking I can't see that she's happy that this happened.

The customers must be thinking, "What the hell is going on there?"

Standing up, I fix my uniform and get the mop to clean the mess I caused, well, we caused.