17| 4K.

Darian's POV:

Opening my bedroom door, I get a breath of fresh air because our maid just cleaned my room.

Growing up in a rich family can come with a few perks and benefits but also with a lot of problems.

My family consists of me, my mother Jill, my dad Andrew, and my sister Ella. I love them to death.

My life has been pretty good, but since I've met Mackenzie, it seems like it got a neon glow. The way she looks, the way she acts, and let's not talk about the way she looks at me with her mesmerizing eyes.

That night of my party when we met, I immediately fell for her. I know that's kind of weird, but I'm the kind of person that believes in love at first sight.

I suspect that she likes me too, but I'm not completely sure. Maybe she is, though.

I'm the playboy in my family, the one who likes going out to party and make out with girls. I mean, have you seen them?

But since I met Mackenzie, I started to pull back from going to clubs. Even my mom noticed, and that's when you know it's getting serious.

Austin is my brother. We met a few years ago, but something bothers me. That night of my party, I'm pretty sure that he followed me and Mackenzie into my bedroom. I think he was trying to cockblock me. Was he? Probably not because he doesn't know her.

I reach out to my water bottle sitting on my bedside table and feel the cold substance go down my throat and through my lungs and every cell in my body.

A knock at the front door disturbed my water-drinking game, but I got up and walked down the stairs of our mansion.

"Hey, Darian," I see Angelina standing in front of our front door with a yellow crop top with a back cut out and tight skinny jeans.

"Angelina," I ask, confused as to why she's here.

"Our plans?" She asks, confused, lifting up one eyebrow.

Oh, heck! I forgot I made plans with her.

"Yeah," I say in an awkward tone and add, "come on in." I move out of the way.

Walking down the huge hallway on our way to the pool area, I was walking with my back to the door, talking to her.

We caught up a lot. She told me that her Latino family moved into town, and that's cool because her brother and I are cool; we met each other on IG.

Feeling the sun kiss me back, I turn around but stand in place as I see Ella and Mackenzie sitting at the pool.

How didn't I know she was here?

She looks me in my eyes, and for some reason, looks at the water and got up, smiling at Angelina. She looks at me with the most devilish look I've ever seen.

"Angelina, do you want something to drink?" I ask, seeing her join Ella at the pool.

I need to explain it to her because I can see why she would be upset, as I'm known to be a playboy.

"Mackenzie," I say, knocking on the downstairs bathroom.

She comes out with her eyes red like she smoked a whole bag of weed.

"I can explain," I say, running behind her, but I didn't expect what happened next. I saw her hand coming towards my cheek and running out of the mansion.

Fuck me

________________

Mackenzie is at our mansion again with another girl I haven't seen before; I believe her name is Sia. This is the first time I've ever seen her.

When she got out of the bathroom, I ran after her and explained everything, and just as I thought, we made out again. But we were disturbed by a book falling from a table – talk about a cockblocker. She left, leaving me with a boner.

A few hours passed, and I'm making pancakes with Ella. Out of the blue, she asked me what I think about the LGBTQ community, which was kind of weird. I told her that I support them because I do, and I don't really have a problem with them.

Walking up the stairs on my way to my room, there was a knock on the door. "Ella, someone's at the door," I yell from the staircase to the kitchen.

"Why don't you get it, stupid idiot?" her voice echoes back at me.

Making my way into my room, I fell on my bed and decided to open Instagram because Mackenzie posted some dope pictures the other day – her with wet hair with nothing but a towel. I want to see her naked so badly, but that's going to have to wait, I guess.

Getting up from my bed, I decided to take a thirst trap picture and send it to her just to get her hormones floating around. She saw my message pretty late and left me on read, but after a few minutes, she just loved it. Still no response though, am I overstepping my boundaries? But it's just a picture.

Grabbing my doorknob, I twist it and open the door because I really want a snack. So, I'm making my way down the stairs when I noticed the front door was a bit open. Ella knows better; people always tried to rob us because we have so much money.

I close the door and grab a jar of Nutella from the cupboard and three bananas from the fridge. Opening my door again, I sit the snacks on my bedside table and exit my room again because Ella should get ready for the scold of her life.

Walking towards her room, my mom calls my name just as I reached for the doorknob.

"What, Mom?" I say entering her room.

"Nevermind, sweetie; I wanted your help to get rid of these stupid ads," she says with a smile.

"Wow," I say, walking out of my mom and dad's master bedroom with a double door.

Okay, back to the scolding.

Walking up the stairs again, I touch the doorknob again and open the door. When I opened the door, it felt like lightning struck my brain, and I felt like I was hallucinating.

"What the heck," I say raising my eyebrows and closing the door slowly and stepping away slowly with my hand still in the air from the doorknob's length, and my mouth still wide. What did I just see?

"Darian, please don't tell anyone," Ella says, opening her door just when I was about to enter my room walking backward.

"Woah, so-so now I -I understand -understand why you-you asked if I support the LGBTQ community," I say stuttering because I'm so shocked.

"Yeah," she says lifting her shoulders.

This image I saw when I opened the door will stick with me for life – Ella sitting on Sia, kissing her neck, and Sia holding her ass.

"Why didn't you tell me, though?" I ask, starting to soak in what just happened.

"I thought you wouldn't approve," she says, biting her bottom lip.

"Why wouldn't I?" I say, going in for a hug and winking at Sia, who now stands in the doorway.

"You two were caught in 4K," I say, laughing and walking over to my room, leaving them laughing too.

Life is so unpredictable.

_______________

Thank you for reading this chapter <3
It means alot and I hope you read the next one too.
Leave a vote if you liked it.