14| Mona Lisa.

Mackenzie's POV:

I don't have any plans for the day so I decided to catch up on the new season of Euphoria.

I'm not a drug addict but for some reason I feel Rue's pain. I sink into the couch and open my phone to check my messages.

I had a ton of message's from Hunter but I'm not going to respond to any of it because I'm still upset from the thong I found under his pillow.

And I had a ton of message's from Darian too but I'm not going to respond to him as well I just want to sit back and relax today because it's a Saturday.

I pause the fifth episode of Euphoria season 2 when I heard laughter coming from downstairs.

"Dad?" I say going downstairs.

He was on the couch talking to someone but I couldn't see who it was, is it the girlfriend?

"Oh hi sweetheart" he sees me and I continue to walk until I came to the turn inside of our living room. When I looked around the corner of the wall I see a beautiful lady.

She smiled immediately when she saw me "so your the beautiful girl, you dad always talks about" she says standing up from the couch and comes to me and giving me hug.

I giggled and she pulled me back again and said "I'm Katherine Goodman" she says and adds "it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too" I say looking at my dad with surprised eyes.

She's actually a really beautiful lady, she looks fancy and classy, and look like that life's been treating her good but you know what they say that the people who seems the most happiest is the people who went through the most trauma so I probably shouldn't speculate that she's a happy person.

After the interaction I went outside and sit on the porch because I wanted fresh air. Sitting on the couch of our front porch I immediately start to think about that time my mother threw me on the ground.

It was a sunday afternoon and I was 9, and like every other nine year old you want the affection from your mom but for some reason my mom's different.

She hates it when I'm too close to her said I need to back off before I meet Lefty and Righty that's what she called her hands, which made contact with my skin pretty often.

My mother brought a guy home, a guy with a suit and tie and went upstairs, they we're busy in there for a view hours and then came downstairs to the porch again.

When I said I'm going to tell dad, I met Righty again and this time it made contact with my left cheek, she slapped me so hard that I fell to the ground and that's where that story came from.

And thinking back I should've told my dad earlier because she still ended up breaking he's heart in two.

Looking to my left, Sia was waving at me. Sia is my friend from next door, we've known each other since they moved here when I was 14, and since then we've been friends.

We connected on a personal level because she also just have her dad, but unlike my mother who left my dad, he mom didn't have a choice, because she didn't want to leave but God now's what's best.

I wave back at her and then look forward again. The weather is nice today, fall is starting and it's one of my favorites seasons, but to be honest winter is my favourite season.

I feel a connection to winter because just like winter I can be cold, warm but that's just because of the trauma of my childhood.

I took out my phone from my jean shorts pocket, I started looking at pictures of the university I want to go too and that reminds me why I took the job in the first place. Not too date guys, I need to focus on SCHOOL.

I saved all my money from the restaurant so far and my dad said that he saved up too, so statistically speaking I'll probably go to the university at the end of fall, so that's 3 more months.

Standing up from the patio couch I stand against the railing off the stairs I start to think that I should probably take some pictures for Instagram, cause I'm so bored.

I walk back up the 3 stairs and open the front door, my dad and Katherine was still talking and laughing. I walked pass and smiled again.

Entering my bathroom in my room I jump in the shower. Feeling the water dripping down my back I start to feel Chris's hands on me again, the scene from the other day start replaying in my head.

Now that I've think about it, I haven't heard from him since, he probably hates me, or he thinks I'm a slut for trying to have sex with him in my kitchen, I cringe just thinking about that.

And then again, I think about the kiss with Austin on the cliff, that was so romantic.

Then my mind switched to Darian and the slap I gave him, was it necessary? Did I really have to do that? Was it stupid off me? Answering this rhetorical questions won't help me, but here I am asking them.

Why am I thinking about every guy, because just then my mind switched to Hunter and how he treats me, how he hurts me, emotionally and physically.

Stepping out of the shower I don't put on clothes just underwear. I took my white towel and wrapped it around my boobs and shoulders, this will make a beautiful picture.

I quickly did a smokey eye makeup and then got out my ring light and took a ton of pictures and when I say a ton I mean a ton.

With my wet hair, this smokey eye makeup, no bra step showing and the towel around me and the sun kissing me throw the window it made a masterpiece of a picture.

I could probably be the next Mona Lisa.

I decided to post it and it minutes I had 450 likes already, wow.
This doesn't usually happen but I guess the pictures are historical.

I read through the comments.

Goodboy1000: "Wow you're beautiful😍"
Queen Ella: "Woooahhhh😍"
Darian: ❤️

My cheeks light up red when I read the comments but then I opened my messages and saw another message from Darian but I ignore it again but then I saw a message from Ella saying:

"Hey girl, you look beautiful on your new pictures but have you heard the news?"

What news? What happened?

I text her back confused, thanking her first and then asking what happened.

"Oh my God, you don't know? Chris was stabbed in his house"

What!

With one text my heart dropped to the ground, it fell and cracked just like the titanic cracked and in a view seconds my heart was sinking just like the titanic sank.

Why is life so damn unfair? Because what did Chris do to deserve this and who would do this?

And just like that I have a date with my lone wolf corner again.

_______________

Thank you for reading this chapter <3
It means alot and I hope you read the next one too.
Leave a vote if you liked it.