9| Teddy Bear.

Mackenzie's POV:

"Hey, thought I lost you there," I hear a familiar voice say while I'm trying to sit up straight to see who it is.

"Slow down, slow down," he said, touching my shoulder and making me sit down again.

"Chris?" I say, confused, my mind going on a rollercoaster.

"Yes, Kenzie, it's me. Why were you running so fast last night?" He says, standing up and getting ready to go to the kitchen.

Silence takes over my entire soul, and I just drop my head in shame.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I hear him again, sitting on the coffee table in front of me, lifting my head slowly with his hand.

I look him straight in his eyes, and tears start running down my cheeks, and my throat starts closing up.

Next thing I know, I'm in his warm arms, his cologne making contact with my nostrils, and his big muscular arms around my body.

"It's okay, Kenzie, it's okay," I hear him say, hugging me tighter.

It's been a while since I've felt this feeling before. I get that I have a fling thing or whatever that situation with Darian is, but the way Chris is holding me right now shows another level of his good manners.

He makes me look him in the eyes and surprisingly kisses my cheek and then takes me back into a tighter hug.

Slowly opening my eyes, the smell of fresh ocean water makes me feel at peace. I slowly lift my head from the bed I'm in and look out and see the beach right out of a huge sliding door.

Is this Chris's house? I must've dozed off when he was hugging me; believe me, he was literally like a huge teddy bear.

Like a huge stuffed animal that makes you feel better when you need it, when you need to cry and let it all out, and that's literally what happened last night.

To be honest, I feel embarrassed, crying in front of Chris, wow.

Standing up from the bed, planning on going outside to catch some fresh air, I step one foot out of the bed and see that my entire body is still shaking.

I haven't had a panic attack since three months ago, so my body is maybe still in shock.

Have I mentioned that I'm diagnosed with a panic attack disorder? No? Sorry, now you know.

But for the last couple of three months, I've actually been doing good, but last night I think my body just decided to shut down.

Standing on the balcony with my hair flowing through my face, I breathe in the fresh air.

In and out, in and out, I say to myself, realizing what I learned in therapy.

Feeling the cold breeze on my skin, I feel so comfortable and at peace like I'm in heaven. But all of a sudden, I feel a warm breath against my neck.

"How are you doing now, gummy bear?" Chris says, breathing on my neck, his hands on my shoulders, and his head on my right shoulder.

Facing him, I start seeing the spark in his eyes, I start feeling butterflies, but I shake them off.

"I'm good, thanks for being so nice about this - and I'm so sor-" I say, being cut off by his index finger in front of my mouth.

"It's okay, gummy bear, I understand." Why does he feel the need to be this gentleman?

"So are you going to tell me what happened?" He says while we sit at the table on the balcony.

Taking in my surroundings, it's so beautiful. We're on a balcony looking over the huge beach with palm trees everywhere, a dining table stands in the middle with a view, couches, and an outside kitchen with a television.

He's got some money.

I start telling Chris everything after being mesmerized by the beauty of this place.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Mackenzie, I'm so so sorry," he says, standing up and sitting next to me.

He hugs me again, and then we both look to the left of the beach where a huge flashlight flashes like we're being taken photos of.

What camera is that? That made a huge light like that? Or was it even a picture being taken.

"Did you see that?" Chris says, looking over at me and then back to the spot.

"Yes, can we go in? I feel uncomfortable," I say, being escorted by Chris inside his house but him looking back a lot.

"I'll be right back," he says, going back outside and looking over the balcony to see what the flash was.

"Thank you so much, Chris, for everything," I say while I'm in front of my house, ready to climb out of his Jeep, trying my best not to call him Teddy Bear.

"No problem, gummy bear," he says, getting out and opening the door for me.

What a gentleman, and what are the chances that I'm calling him Teddy bear in silence and he's calling me gummy bear? Is this destiny?

I'm stupid, I know.

Opening the front door, the silence takes me by surprise because usually, by this time, my dad would've been busy cooking dinner, but surprisingly, he wasn't there.

Sitting on the couch, getting out my phone to call my dad to ask where he is, there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I say, closing my phone and standing up, going to the kitchen to get a knife when the person didn't answer.

"Who is it?" I repeat, getting closer to the door, still no answer. My hand made contact with the doorknob, and I started to turn it.

Just as I was trying to stab the person, I get stopped by a yell.

"Gummy! What the hell are you doing?" he says, the knife barely making contact with his abs.

"Sorry, are you okay, sorry-sor," I say, being cut off by him saying it's okay and laughing afterward.

"You probably think I'm crazy," I say, laughing and looking at his smile and noticing a dimple.

He just started laughing and handing me my handbag. "You forgot this, and I like crazy," he says, handing it over.

"Thank you," I say, taking it from him, laughing, and next thing I know, our noses were touching, and I felt his warm breath on my cold skin.

I just stood there in the doorway, him holding his arms around my waist, slowly going up to my face, touching my stomach and a little bit of my boobs as well.

I just stood there doing nothing while I felt his lips biting my lips and slowly going in for a deep kiss.

That's when I started kissing him back, and then he started touching my waist again.

____________

Thank you for reading this chapter <3
It means alot and I hope you read the next one too.
Leave a vote if you liked it.