•Two || Before Change•

Miniri woke up feeling generous. Aonung was sleeping beside her soundlessly. Tsireya was gone, Miniri guessing that she went to go help their mom, Ronal Tsahik of Metkayina Clan. Their dad Tonowari was out on the morning hunt for food. There was a big decision between choosing which one of the twins would rule the Clan, Miniri or Aonung.

Miniri got up to get get ready to make breakfast for her and her brother, they had a bond no other could have even though they were the complete opposite of eachother.

Miniri got leaves and put them down as Tonowari walked in. "Good morning Bug!" Tonowari said to Miniri. She got that nickname from eating a bug when she was little that made her eyes two different colors, Blue and Green.

"good morning dad! How much today?" She asked as she watched him but down a net full of fish. "Just a net full, should last us 4 days atleast, you know your mother with the little one on the way though." She said with a worried look on his face. She walked up to him putting her hand on his left shoulder. "It's ok dad, mom is going to be just fine."

It's Navi tradition that is the mom eats more then usual then the birth could be a dangerous situation and only 36% female make it out alive. Ronal is a very strong woman and very independent. If it wasn't for Tonowari and her kids, she would give birth alone.

Miniri grabbed 2 fish and started a fire to cook food. Just then Aonung woke up. Miniri heard moving towards his direction and looked that way. "oh good morning Ao!" Her family loves nicknames because it's easier than their real names. "Good morning Ri" he said walking over to her as he is rubbing his eyes sleepily.

Just then Ronal and Tsireya had walked in from the healing pod. "Good morning children!" Ronal said setting down the healing tray full of medicines. "Good morning Mom!" Both Aonung and Miniri said. They tend to say the same things a lot too.

It is very unusual in the Navi to have twins, like 0.7% but it can happen.

Ronal had a very painful birth with her twins but she made it through with the ointments.

Ronal turned around, knelt down and kissed Tonowari on the forehead as he was crouched down stressing over the pregnancy. "It is ok ma'love. I'll be just fine."

At this point Tsireya was out helping little kids swim and Aonung and Miniri was eating.

Once when the pod was empty, Miniri started making Aonungs birthday present as he went with Roxto to the ocean. His birthday was very important and not just because it was Miniris too but this was when they chose who got to be Oleykton.

This was a very important ceremony for the whole clan and it was also a celebration. Whoever got chosen, had to pick a mate by the time they're 18 when they actually be named Oleykton.

Miniri was working on a spear that had Aonungs name on it with his favorite saber teeth hanging from the spear. Very special wood that took hunters 2 weeks to find, so it was very important to make this perfect. Aonung on the other hand was trying to get Miniris gift, with the help of Roxto and Tsireya.

Miniri had to go out to the ocean to teach young kids the sign language they used under water. It had helped for generations of Navi communicate underwater instead of wasting time going up and also helped being quiet in dangerous situations.

As Miniri sat in the shallow water she noticed one of the boys wasn't there. "Where is Lei'ta" she had asked the others with a confused face.

"His mother had given birth!" One of the little girls had said excitedly towards her.

"Oh wonderful, I shall teach him later." Miniri said with a bright smile on her face. She had to stay positive towards the children because she might be the next Oleykton. She had to also set a good example for the little ones who would grow up to be kind and graceful.

Just then as Miniri was teaching, she had heard some screeching from the sky above her. She had looked up a little bit to see ikr and flying in a circle to land near her. She had gotten the kids to get up and go find their parents but took a different route around the strangers.

As concerned as ever she stood back from the strangers as she was watching the strangers get off the ikrans. Darker blue skin, smaller arms, thin tails and different color eyes as well as traditional outfits.

She watched as her brother shoved through the crowd with Roxto behind him. She walked through the crowd as well as she would need to practice for being leader. She took this very seriously but she also didn't mind if her brother got Oleykton.

Her brother started teasing the two boys about their tails. Just then Tsireya walked from the water strutting as she knew a few was staring just then she slapped Aonungs hand to stop teasing them.

She made eye contact with what looks like the younger boy. As he said hey in a very non confident way she smiled and looked away.

Miniri walked to her and teased about the boy that had flirted with her minutes before. Just then she had looked up and made eye contact with the oldest. He was tall with amber eyes and unique patterns in his skin. He smiled which made Miniri blush. Which she always blushes at even the slightest affection.

After their parents were done talking they decided that the Sullys could stay. They needed to learn the metkayina ways so they wouldn't be useless. Aonung tried to protest against their dad but he didnt want to listen to Aonung and cut him off. "It has been decided" Tonowari said with a stern voice looking at Aonung.

Tsireya walked up to in front of the family and grabbed some of their things from them. "Come, we will show you the village!" She said softly but excitedly. Miniri also grabbed their things and stuck behind them so she made sure they wouldn't get lost.

Just then the younger brother started to whisper to the older. The older one looked at the younger with wide eyes and blushed as he hit him in the chest so he would shut up.

Miniri was curious so she started talking "I'm glad we could take yall in! I'm sorry for whatever happened at talks home." She said. "Oh it's ok, it's just the normal stuff we usually go through. My dad is just decided to start our lives over." The oldest said.  "My name is Neteyam by the way" he said. Neteyam. "that is such a beautiful name! Mine is Miniri but you can call me Ri or bug" she said with a huge smile.

This made Neteyam blush a bit but he was still in love with Antani. She looked interested in him but he didn't think much of it. Neteyam had thought of how Antani was doing and that when she woke up, her significant other would be gone, 300 miles away.

Miniri set their stuff down and started walking away until someone grabbed her arm. "Thank you for helping us, even if it was the slightest" the mother said to her. "You are very welcome and by the way you can call me Miniri, Ri, or bug!" And she walked off as eclipse was starting.

This had to be the most unusual thing to happen to Miniri but she just couldn't get Neteyam out of her head.

————————————————————————-
A/N- I know what yall are thinking( probably) where is Antani? Explanation comes in the next chapter so please be patient!

Words: 1324