•Eight || helping•

Neteyam got off me immediately. I didn't know what was going on.. I was so confused.

Just then I saw him coming towards us as Neteyam helped me get up.

"Miniri.. there you are. We need your help in the healing pod.. Neteyam too. Few of our warriors have been hurt." We rushed with my dad to the healing pod.

When I walked in a was flabbergasted just then I saw someone... Aonung.

"Shit shit are you okay?!" I asked going to my knees, sitting beside him as Neteyam started helping others.

"Does it look like I'm okay?" Aonung groaned as he held the stab wound on his stomach. How could this have happened? Not much makes sense but I got to work.

I started crushing up herbs and making ointments. I got a gauze to put over the would. I removed his hand as I was putting healing ointment on "this is going to hurt a bit."

He gave me a nod as he was still whining. He flinched as I put my cold hands on his stomach and rubbed the ointment everywhere. He groaned in pain and it only made me panic more. I've never seen him like this.

"Bug... I can take care of him you do the others."

I found my mother beside her kneeling as well as putting more herbs and foods in a bowl for internal healing. I got up and went to go help Neteyam.

"Sir.. this is going to hurt just to be aware."

I loved the way he was so gentle with others, as if he was always one of us. He was confident and caring but I knew he didn't like me.

He kneeled on the other side of the Navi he was helping and gave him some healing fruits. It had also helped internal bleeding.

Before we knew it, everyone was healed and now resting. My mother then came up to me and hugged me, then Neteyam.

That took both of us by surprise. But I knew she was greatful for him. It wasn't easy to get close with her but apparently Neteyam managed that.

He smiled at me awkwardly as I just laughed at him. My dad then hugged me as he said "thank you bug"

It was often he called me bug but whenever my mom did it.. it felt a little weird. He dad then hugged Neteyam but that was normal for him to hug all my friends when he felt like it.

They went back to our pod as me and Neteyam just walked around the village. We spotted Loak and Tsireya walking around.. HOLDING HANDS.

It was unusual for me to see my sister with a boy other than rotxo and Aonung but holding hands? Turns out the metkayina sisters took a liking for the Omatikaya brothers.

Neteyam saw what I saw as I was freaking out about it. I started jumping up and down trying not to scream. Just then I fell off of the walkway and into the water.

"Are you okay?" Neteyam asked. He stretched out his hand to help me up but I only brought him down by pulling his arm. I started laughing as he came up to the surface.. giving me his cute pouty lip.

He splashed me and started swimming away when I pulled his tail and got in front of him.

Beat me if you can

Then I turned around only to see him riding on an ilu past me. I gave him a glare as I surfaced the water.

"You didn't say I could ride an ilu" he said laughing as he pulled me up behind him. It was eclipse so it was dark at this point.

We rode around underwater and enjoyed the bioluminescence coral. He was holding onto my thigh which made me even more flustered. I held on around his waist which wasn't helping my situation. Just then I felt him tap on my thigh and pointed towards ilu.

They both looked like lovebirds swimming together and having fun. I wish I had that kind of relationship.

I also couldn't tell whether Neteyam actually liked me or was just being nice. I mean the signs could go both ways but I'm not sure.

I smiled as I saw the ilu and his eyes only glowed more. His freckles shined bright which only made him look more attractive.

We swam up to the surface and enjoyed the view below as we caught our breath. He was still holding my thigh as I leaned against his back.

"That was fun wasn't-" then his voice faded.

I had fallen asleep on his back.

—————————————————————————
A/N: I'm getting all of their moments together before war but I may not kill Neteyam off idk yet😝

Word count: 801