•Six || training•

Miniri led the sullys to a rock to help learn sign language. There had been tension between the boys and Aonung but everyone knew why so Aonung once again did not come.

Tsireya thought he should apologize but he was too stubborn to do so. As they were teaching Aonung came up from behind everyone and just sat down beside Miniri.

She gave him a look but he just brushed it off. He was silent and it wasn't like him. Miniri just continued as Tsireya was helping Tuk since she was smaller.

"What does beautiful mean?" Neteyam asked. I signed beautiful to him and he repeated it. Aonung gave him a glare but I hit him on the arm.

"It's almost eclipse, also where's Loak?" Tsireya asked. "Oh..." Aonung looked guilty of something and Neteyam looked pissed. "I may have left him beyond the reef." At this point Neteyam dragged Aonung to Jake as Aonung growled in pain.

I was mad as well but wanted nothing to do with the situation so I told my parents and just sat in the pod. Tsireya could tell I was worried.

"It's going to be okay.." I whispered to myself. I had to convince myself because Tsireya wasn't very good at comforting people. Just then Neteyam knock at the entrance.

"Come in"

Tsireya then walked out, giving me a smirk over her shoulder. I glared at her but couldn't make it noticeable. "Found Loak?" I asked as Neteyam sat beside me.

"No.." he looked like his face was going to melt with how much he was frowning.

"It's going to be okay.. don't worry Loak is a tough kid." I said putting a hand on his shoulder. He gave me a little smile as he looked my way. I gave the same gesture. "There's just something else.." he said. I waited as if he was going to continue but he didn't. "You can tell me if you want to, I'll listen"

"Well, before we left the forest.. there was this girl that I was completely in love with" Neteyam started. What stuck out to Miniri was the word 'was' she had no clue what that meant but she let him continue.

"She was brave, genuine, nice, talented, and smart. My whole family loved her. But when we moved.. I realized I would never see her again. It broke me and I tried to hide it but I can't much longer. I loved the way she was but I guess eywa was telling me something. Then I met you.." he then looked at me with start eyes as I was too busy listening to him that I never realized my head was on his shoulder while I'm hugging his arm.

"You brought something to me that encouraged me to let go of her." He then ended as I got myself together. Just then Kiri walked in. "Loak was found and is being brought back."

I have never seen a Navi stand up so quickly as Neteyam ran out the pod.

"I see how you look at my brother.. do you like him?" Kiri brought up as we started running as well. "Bad timing, later" I said as I started running faster.

I felt bad I just pushed her away but I had no clue I liked him. Maybe I do? But right now we need to worry about Loak. It killed me to see Loak take the blame for Aonung.

I heard everything from Jake announcing Loak was okay to Loak telling Aonung he knows what it's like to be a disappointment.

That sentence broke me.

I walked beside Neteyam as I rubbed his arm. "I need to look after my siblings more." Neteyam said.

I felt bad Neteyam tooken all of the responsibility for his siblings. I've heard it all. I felt like it was unfair but I can't go against Jake's parenting. It wasn't my place I wasn't even that close with most of them.

"You tried.." I said not knowing how to comfort him. "It wasn't your fault." I added.

He gave me a slight smile that looked so genuine. "I'm sorry, I know you shouldn't have to hear all of these things. Our family just brings problems." Neteyam said. I felt bad that that's all that he thought of himself.

"Aonung is the asshole for taking Loak outside the reef in the first place." Neteyam looked shocked. He widened his eyes as he looked at me. "What?" I asked. Confused wondering if I messed up something.

"Did you just cuss?" Neteyam asked. "Uhhh yeah I guess?" I said chuckling. "I guess my family has an influence on you." He said.

We were now walking along side the beach just talking. "Say.. have you heard of tulkun?" I asked wondering if tsireya has brought up a major part of our lives. "Tul..kun?" Neteyam asked. He looked confused at what I was talking about.

" it is our spirit brothers and sister. A connection we have with a big animal." I explained to him. "Can I see yours one day?" He asked. I blushed at the question hoping he wouldn't see. "Of course, we better go back it's getting late." I said. "I'll walking you back to your pod" he added.

"You don't have to" I said facing him.

"I'm going to, you can't walk alone."

He was very sweet to me and I had no idea why. We walked together in a comfortable silence and as I turned to say goodnight he hugged me.

I hugged him back very confused but just let it happen. I had a dark shade to my face and my cheeks were burning but I hoped he wouldn't notice. "Good night Miri" he said and walked away. He gave me a nick name.. a nickname!

"Good night Teyam." I whispered to myself. I had butterflies in my stomach. Tsireya gave me a look but I just laid down on my pad and fell asleep.

—————————————————————————

A/N: i don't know how fast or slow i want this to go but I'm working on it.

Word count: 1020