Chapter 1: They Have Striked

"...it...Pit! Pit, wake up!"

"Ugh...Five...Five more minutes..." Pit grumbled in his sleep. Palutena groaned as she looked over her champion, who was still asleep. Pit had never slept this long before and it starting to worry her.

"Pit, wake up." She told him with a simple nudge on his shoulder. "It's already 2:00pm." Pit's eyes started to flutter open. He looked up at his Goddess.

"Oh...Lady Palutena..." he sat up from his bed and stretched his body and yawned. "Good morning."

"Pit, Pittoo's already here." The Goddess said, getting straight to the point. "Did you forget that you two were going to train today?" Pit's eyes then lighted up with realization.

"Oh gods! Th-That's right! Wh-What time is it?!" Pit asked frantically.

"I just said it was 2:00pm."

"Ugh!! Pittoo's going to kill me!!" Pit quickly jumped out of bed and got dressed as quickly as he could. Meanwhile, Palutena couldn't help but worry that something was off.
~~~
For the last 2 hours, Pit and Dark Pit have been battling in the training yard. Pit was doing good but his mind was wandering. That caused him to let his guard down and Dark Pit got a clean shot. The dark angel kicked his light counterpart in the stomach and send him flying across the ground. The centurions training around them looked in shock. Their Captain never took a hit like that before from Dark Pit, and even if he did, they all knew he could get back on his feet, but some odd reason...he didn't.

Dark Pit walked over to Pit, as he tried to get himself up. Pit looked at his brother, who extended his hand to help. Pit smiled and accepted the hand to him

"...What happened out there?" Dark Pit asked.

"Huh?" Pit responded. Pit and his brother sat on the benches outside by the training yard after a while. They sat side by side, watching the centurions train with each other.

"Your mind was obviously focused on something else when we were fighting." Dark Pit told Pit. "Spill it." Pit looked forward at the training yard and behind it, the setting sun. The light angel let out a huge sigh.

"I'd...rather not talk about it right now." He admitted, looking away. Dark Pit was silent, but shrugged and stood up from his seat.

"Fine, whatever, but whatever's bothering you", he began "don't let it kill you. Remember, if--"

"--'you die, then I die. We're connected. No you, no me. Two sides of the same coin'. I know, Pittoo, I know." Pit said. Dark Pit looked at Pit and simply stated him. Then, as he walked away, he mumbled:

"Quit calling me 'Pittoo'..."
~~~
Later, Pit was the last one in the training yard, training to get his mind off the dream. However, he failed to notice two beady red eyes watching at him from the shadows within the tree.

"What shall I do, my queen?" A voice asked the air quietly, but deadly.

Erase him from existence...he must NOT be reunited with her...

"As you wish, my queen..."

Remember...kill him in the name of the Black Sun Kingdom...

"Of course, my queen."
~~~
Pit walked over to the bench and grabbed his towel and wiped sweat away from his forehead. Just as he finished taking a sip of water, he moved out of the way just in time before dagger hit a nearby tree.

"Wh-What the?!" Pit looked behind him to see a brownish-black figure with bright red tattoos all over its chest, arms, and bald head. It wore a lighter shade of dark brown pants and no shoes. Pit looked closely and noticed the figure had no mouth but only red beady eyes. This being held two sabers in his left and right hands.

"Who...Who are you?" Pit finally managed to say.

"Die..."

"Hu-Huh?!" Pit wasn't sure he heard him correctly.

"Die...in the name of the Black Sun Kingdom!!" The figure dashed forward with incredible speed thruster both sabers at Pit. The angel jumped out of the way and stumbled to the ground. He thought he could reach his weapon but the Palutena Bow was just out of reach. The man landed on top of Pit and got ready to strike him down with both blades when suddenly, a young boy, about around the age of 18, tackled the figure off the angel.

Pit looked at the human boy who extended his hand out and helped the angel off the ground. The boy wore a nice, straight black and white suit and tie. His hair was brown, smooth, and neatly combed that matched perfectly with his emerald green eyes.

"Are you alright?" He asked. Pit nodded. Just before he could talk, Pit was interrupted by the figure again.

"You...how?! No matter..." The figure dashed forward again, but this time, aimed for the human boy. He slashed his saber down, but the blade was caught by the two front fingers of the boy's left hand. The man slashed again, upwards this time with his free blade, but that saber was also bought, but this time by the boy's right front two fingers. The boy then swiftly pulled the sabers out from the enemy's hands, and held them in his own. He then, with quick speed, stabbed the man where his heart should've been.

Black blood trickled down from where the sabers had stabbed the figure. With his finally breaths, he looked up at the boy and said:

"The Black Sun...it will...prevail...!!!" And with that, the man fell back into the ground with he swords in his chest. Pit was going to take a step forward and take a closer look but the body of the man disintegrated into blackness.

Pit was in total shock.

"What...What just...how did...?" Pit could even bring he words out. The boy turned to look at Pit and put his hands on his shoulders.

"Listen to me, you're in grave danger, sir." He announced. "Stay in Skyworld at all costs. Do you understand?" Pit couldn't even comprehend all that just happened. What was that thing? Why did it want him dead? So many questions were racing through the angel's mind.

"Please sir!" The boy said, shaking Pit, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Stay in Skyworld, please!" Pit didn't understand, but he nodded his head as he did. The boy smiled and suddenly vanished into thin air.