Chapter 14: Pit's Best Friend

His instinct told him something was wrong. His ears twitched at the sound of the gun shots from the circus near the park. He opened one eye to look in the direction of the sound. Something was wrong. And the prince, his best friend, was involved.

Standing up on the tree branch, Macavity stood there and waited for Greg to appear. A second passed and the butler appear next to Macavity

"Took you long enough." Macavity sneered.

"Shut it." Greg said, sternly. "You get the prince. I'll deal with Calamity."

"How do you know it's the cowgirl?" Macavity asked.

"Who else has guns and is after the prince?" Greg countered. Macavity thought for moment. "...Good point."

"You're his friend from long ago, Macavity. The queen brought you back for a purpose. Make sure she doesn't regret." Greg explained giving the other boy a glare that would make Thanatos run in fear. Macavity, however, didn't flinch. He nodded his head in agreement and said:

"Let's do this shit."
~~~
"Put me down!!"

"Geez! How did Da Vinci ever fall for a girl like you?" NASA asked.

"Hey!" Teresa was being carried away by NASA after she had been knocked out by his sleep bomb. She awoke 5 minutes later to see herself getting kidnapped. But luckily, Teresa had a few tricks up her sleeves to get away. She took out her wand and pointed it at NASA, spraying smoke in his eyes. Pepper Spray Smoke, to be exact. NASA screamed in pain and dropped Teresa. They had been jumping around buildings like ninjas, getting far away from the circus. The moment they stopped, that's when Teresa sprayed NASA. He cried out:

"AAAAHHH!! MY EEEEYYYEES!! GODS WHY?!?!" He was screaming like a little girl and rolling on the ground. Teresa was very disappointed on how NASA was such a big baby sometimes.

"Gods...how are you 3rd ranked for the Black Sun Kingdom?" Teresa asked as she began to walk away. Just then, she heard something WOOSH past her and land by her feet. It was an arrow. Teresa looked back to see the little girl, Robin Hood, with three arrows and her bow, ready to fire.

"You!" Teresa shouted.

"That's right! Remember me? I'm the greatest archer of the Black Sun Kingdom! So deal with it!" Robin then fired her arrows at Teresa. The magician put up a barrier to block the arrows. She put it down once they were gone.

"You wanna fight little girl?" Teresa asked. "Well then, let's DANCE!!" Teresa fired magic and Robin Hood fired arrows.
~~~
Calamity blew the smoke away from the top of her guns. All of the police were shot in the heads, dead center in the skulls. Calamity spun the guns on her fingers and put them back in the holsters and looked around to see that now was left. Everyone ran off.

"Calamity Jane." The cowgirl turned and smiled when she saw a spotlight turn on and directed itself at Greg.

"Hey there, sweetie." Calamity greeted with a wink. "How ya doin'?"

"I'll be fine, if you turn yourself in." Greg growled. He and Calamity Jane have many times before. And the battles would always end with either Calamity escaping or the two of them running out tricks and both would fall unconscious. Calamity laughed at Greg's demand.

"Sugar, you REALLY think I'll turn myself after we've come so far? Think again, boy." Calamity reloaded her faster than the Lightning Flash Phosphora and fired at Greg. Greg dodged an inch away from the bullet and it missed, which made Calamity very unhappy.

"Well now. My bullet always hit my targets, but I guess I'm dealing with moving target." Calamity sneered. "Darlin', you're as annoying a honey bee at a Honey Brand convention."

"Give up Calamity." Greg said, ignoring what Calamity said. "This war will end. Today!" And the servant charged with great speed.
~~~
Pit was having a bit if trouble dodging Da Vinci's attacks and fighting back while carry Viridi in the portrait she was stuck in. Da Vinci, on the other hand, was fighting with ease of course. His Paintbrush Spear was both lite and deadly. As the angel fired a charged shot with the staff he was using, he accidentally dropped Viridi.

"Pit!!" The Goddess in the painting called out.

"Viridi!" Pit ran and hurried to pick up the picture. But Da Vinci landed in front of Pit and swept his leg under Pit's feet, tripping him. Pit fell to the ground with a thud and looked to see the tip of Da Vinci's spear at his neck. Pit looked from the tip of the spear to Da Vinci's smiling smug face.

"It's all over, your 'highness'," Da Vinci raised the spear up, "Addio, Principe Icaus!!" The spear's sharp head came down, and Pit closed his eyes, waiting for the end. Just then...

"AAAHH!" Pit opened his eyes to see a young teenager with black hair and red and white highlights. He wore tattered orange pants with brown shoes. The vest he wore was a darker orange-brown that revealed his chest. But the thing that really caught Pit's attention was orange cat tail and cat ears the boy had.

The boy, with his sharp nails, scratched Da Vinci across his porcelain skin, causing a bad mark to appear. The boy landed in front of Pit.

"Why...Why you bastard!!" Da Vinci shouted, touching the bloody mark on his face. "You...You ruined my face!!" Da Vinci was in full rage. The boy just stood there and licking the blood off his nails. He gave Da Vinci a poker face.

"I 'ruined' it, you say? Heh, in my opinion, I think it's an improvement on the pan you call a face." The cat boy smirked, causing Da Vinci to growl with even more rage. The Artist took out paintbrushes that were also as sharp as his spear but they were like throwing knives instead. He threw them and the cat boy caught one but dodged the rest when he picked up Pit and jumped over Da Vinci to go and grab the portrait holding Viridi prisoner. He set Pit down and picked up the painting and used the small paintbrush he had to cut the picture. The cat boy cut it around the frame part until the middle was free and the art canvas began to  glow and soon Viridi came out and landed on Pit, who was able to catch her somehow.

"Are you OK, Viridi?!" Pit asked as he looked at her. Viridi looked back and said: "I'm fine. But...you can put me down now."

"Huh? Oh...sorry." Pit blushed and put the young Goddess down. The angel then saw the cat boy stand across from Da Vinci. Ready for battle.

"Ica--...No, I mean Pit." The cat said. "I need you to run."

"What?! No!" Pit protested. "I'm going to stay and fight--"

"Do as I say Pit!!" The cat boy shouted back. "I'll never be able to live with myself if my best friend got killed!" Pit was shocked by that statement. And it also confused him.

Best...Best friend? He thought.

"Ugh! Enough of this!" Da Vinci snarled. "I'll kill you all!" The artist then charged forward with his spear, but the cat intercepted him with his sharp nails.

The battle went on furiously, and Pit still stood there. Confused. Then, the angel felt something tug on his arm.

"Pit, let's go! I'll get us back to SkyWorld!" Viridi said. She was starting to warp them out of there.

"But--"

"GO, ICARUS!!" Those were the last words Pit heard the cat boy shout to him as he and Viridi left the human world.