Chapter 2: Concern

It's been two days since the strange attack, and Pit hasn't said a word about it to Palutena or Dark Pit. He was attacking very strange as well. He was talking very much, wasn't eating as much as he normally would, and always spaced out during his practice sessions.

Palutena was growing very worried. She didn't like to see Pit acting this way. At first, she asked Dark Pit what was up, but he told her that he had no idea either. The Goddess didn't know what else to do. She decided to go and talk to her angel.

"Pit? Are you in there?" She asked as she knocked on his door.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, Lady Palutena. Come on in." Pit replied through the door. Palutena opened the door to see her champion sitting on his bed and looked out the window and looking towards the sunset.

"Pit...is everything OK?" The goddess asked. "You've bee acting very strange for a few days now."

"I'm fine..." Pit simply replied just to go back to staring out the window. Palutena was now even more worried. Pit would never give her just a simple "I'm fine".

"Pit, you can tell me if something's bothering you. Please." The goddess said. Pit was quiet but then turned to face his goddess.

"Well...you see..." Pit explained about the dream he had a few nights ago and how it's been bothering him. Then he told Palutena about the assassin that tried to kill him. When he finished, Palutena was in shock.

"Someone...tried to kill you?" She asked. Pit nodded.

"Yeah...I don't know why...but they wanted me dead." Pit said quietly. Palutena couldn't help but hug her little angel. Pit hugged her back.

I swear Pit, Palutena vowed, I won't let anything happen to you...