Chapter 13: Pit and Viridi's date

Viridi was pacing in her room. Why did Dark Pit ran out like that? It made her wonder what was up. Then there was a knock at her door.

"Come in." The goddess said. Arlon the Serene then entered and vowed to his lady after he closed the door.

"Mistress Viridi," he began, "it is almost time. Shall I help you get ready?" Viridi shook her head.

"No thank you. But prepare my chariot for departure for Skyworld." Arlon bowed and exited the room, leaving Viridi to her thoughts.

Was this a good idea? She wondered.
~~~
Pit was training in the yard with the centurions late that afternoon. But all Pit's mind was focusing on was that dream he had last night, before Dark Pit woke him up. Soon, before Pit knew it, the training session was over and he dismissed the centurions back to their normal jobs.

As Pit entered Palutena's Temple, he was greeted by the Goddess of Light herself, who wore a smile on her face.

"Hey Lady Palutnea!" Pit greeted. "What's up?"

"Well," the goddess began "there someone in the throne room who wants to speak with you, Pit." The angel was silent for a moment before asking:

"Is it Hades?" Palutena shook her head.

"No, no. Someone else. Come on!" Palutena took Pit's hand and took him all the way to the throne room, and inside he met the sight of Viridi with Phosphora and Arlon by her side.

"Oh, hey Viridi!" Pit greeted cheerfully. Viridi noticed him and looked nervous for a second but then composed herself and stepped forward to the angel. "Have you come up with any ideas on how to defeat those weirdos from--"

"Pit," Viridi interrupted him, "we need to talk." Pit looked at her. He looked a little worried because Viridi was acting really weird and not really making any eye contact with him.

"Is...Is everything alright, Viridi?" The angel asked. Viridi took a deep breath and made full contact with Pit's eyes.

"Pit," she started out, "do you wanna go out with me?"
~~~
Teresa was in her dressing room, getting for the circus's evening performance. She was trying so hard to focus, but her mind kept going to he moment when she saw Da Vinci again. She never wanted to think of him again, not after he betrayed her. But still...she couldn't get his stupid face out her head. Teresa cursed under breath.

There was a sudden knock at the door that made Teresa freeze.

"Teresa?" It was the ringmaster. "Are you ready? Show starts in five." Teresa took a silently sigh of relief. She responded, "Yes, I'll be right out." The ringmaster left, leaving Teresa to her thoughts.
~~~
Pit and Viridi, now as humans, went down to the surface and waited in line to go get tickets and get into the circus tent to watch the show. Pit was a bit nervous. Never in his life had he ever been on a date before, but he didn't notice that Viridi was twice as nervous. She liked Pit's company ever since they worked together to save Palutena from the Chaos Kin. Ever since then, she longed to be with him, just the two of them.

Not a moment sooner, Pit and Viridi arrived and got their tickets. Finally finding their seats, after getting some snacks, Pit and Viridi sat down and talked as they waited for show to start. They were having simple conversations, talking about what they've been doing ever since Hades's defeat. Pit smiled and Viridi listened to his stupid jokes. But she would sometimes crack a smile, just to make him feel funny.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!!" The lights went out and spotlights turned on and pointed to the ringmaster in the center on the stage. The crowd quieted down and listened. Viridi looked and saw that Pit was happy that the show was starting. "I'M HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THE BEGINNING..." Viridi slowly looked at her hand.

"...OF THE GREATEST..."

She slowly moved her hand to Pit's.

"...SHOW..."

She was so close.

"...ON EART--!!"

BANG BANG!!

Viridi, Pit, and the audience gasped and screamed when they heard gun shots and the bullets going into the ringmaster's head. He was silenced. He fell to ground and died instantly. Everyone was silent.

"Well, that's one way to kick of a show..." The spotlight moved to see a cowgirl with two pistol in her hands. She blew the heads of them and wore a cocky smile as she looked at the crowd, but mostly at Pit. "Now...I think ya'll...might wanna leave." She fired more gun shots which the audience freaked out at. Everyone panicked and ran out.

Meanwhile, Teresa watched in horror and anger. She grabbed her wand and was about to charge at Calamity. But she soon saw a smoke bomb roll into view. Teresa  tried to hold her breath but it was too late. The bomb went off and sprayed on sleeping gas. As Teresa fell unconscious, NASA, wearing a gas mask, came in and picked her up. Taking her away.

Viridi and Pit hurried out of the tent with all the other humans there. Security guards and policemen were going inside but never came out. Pit was worried.

Is she after me? He thought. As the goddess and the angel hurried out of there and ran into the park, they were confront by none other than Da Vinci.

"Goddess Viridi, and His Highness...." Da Vinci chuckled and took out a paint brush and a blank canvas. Pit knew who it was when Da Vinci took out the art supplies. He remembered what Hades had told about Da Vinci, how he was master of Art Magic. Pit was about to take Viridi's hand and make a run for it. But Da Vinci was much quicker. He sketched really quickly and threw the canvas at Pit.

"Pit!" Viridi cried as she pushed him out of the way and the canvas hit her. The canvas glowed and, somehow, Viridi was sucked into it. Pit gasped and kneeled down.

"Vi-Viridi?!" Pit picked up the canvas took see Viridi stuck in there. She was pounding on the other side, trying to break out. Pit glared at Da Vinci.

"Release her now!!" Pit demanded. Da Vinci just laughed. "Ha! Ha, I say! You really think I'm going to listen to you, Prince?" Pit was about to ask Da Vinci what he mean when the paintbrush began to grow in the artist's hands until it became a giant spear. Pit gulped as Da Vinci spun the paint spear around him with ease.

"Let's dance, your highness." The artist then charged.