Chapter 6: A Temporary Truce

Pit's eyes fluttered opened as he found himself in his bed, under the covers. He sat up and looked out the window to watch the morning sun rise. Pit was confused, how did he end up in his bed?

What happened? All I remember was fighting Hades and then--

Pit then suddenly realized. "Oh no! Lady Palutena!!" The angel jumped out of his bed and ran out of his room and dashed to his Goddess's room. He burst open the door but Palutena wasn't there. Pit began to worry. He ran down the halls of then temple, looking everywhere Palutena. Then, he ran into a centurion and asked frantically:

"Soldier! Where's Lady Palutena?!"

"She's in the meeting hall with--" Pit let the centurion finish. He ran as fast he could to the meeting hall. The angel burst through the door that led to the hall.

"Lady Palutena! Are you alright?! I--" Pit stopped in mid-sentence. Standing in the meeting room was Dark Pit, Viridi, Palutena, and(which made Pit stopped in mid-sentence)Hades. Pit was about to charge and punch Hades in the face but Dark Pit grabbed him and held him back.

"Calm down, Pit!" He said. "Hades--"

"What have you come for this time, Hades?!" Pit yelled. "I swear, if you came to harm Lady Palutena, I'll--"

"Pit! Hades came here to make a truce!" Palutena said, making Pit stop. Dark let his twin go as soon as Pit calmed down.

"...What?" That's the only thing Pit could say.

"It's true, Pitty." Hades said. "After our last battle from 2 days ago--"

"Wait, I was asleep for 2 days?!" Pit interrupted.

"Yes, anyways," Hades continued, "when you performed that move, it got me wondering. So I came to ask Palutena if she knew anything."

"I told I didn't know, and I wouldn't tell him even if I did." Palutena chimed in. "But I told him about the assassins that have been trying to kill you." Hades stepped forward and looked at Pit.

"Pit," Pit was surprised. Hades would never call him by his real name unless he was teasing or something was serious, "did these...assassins say anything to you?" He asked. Pit nodded.

"Well...yeah. The two from before said the same thing. They said: 'Die in the name of the Black Sun Kingdom'!!" Pit tried to imitate the voice of the assassins, trying to lighten up to mood. However, everyone, even Hades, gave him a look say:

This is serious, Pit.

Pit chuckled embarrassed.

"Sorry...but they did say that." He said. Hades thought for a second.

"Why do you care so much anyway, Hades?" Pit asked, crossing his arms. "What's your reason for wanting to form a truce?" Hades looked at Pit.

"Two reasons, actually." The God answered. "1.) I'm the only the that's going to get to destroy you."

Oh joy... Pit thought.

"2.)," Hades continued, "I've heard of the Black Sun Kingdom." Everyone in the room looked at him, shocked.

"You've heard of them?!" Palutena exclaimed, earning a nod from the Lord of the Underworld.

"It was a long time ago, Palutena, before you became the Goddess of Light." Hades began. "It was just me, Zeus, and Poseidon. The Black Sun Kingdom declared war on the Sun Kingdom and the Queen of the Gods herself."

"The Queen of the Gods? I thought she was just a myth." Viridi chimed in.

"Believe me, Rose Bud. She's real." Hades informed. "She's was a powerful woman. Powerful enough to erase even Zeus from existence. We were able to banish the Black Sun Kingdom but..." Hades trailed off in thought.