Chapter 11: The Gift of the Sun

Once again, Pit had another strange dream. But this time, he was in space, right near the sun, some outside temple of sorts. And once again, he had seen the woman from before. She wore a beautiful golden that was similar to Palutena's as it sparkled in the sun's rays. She wore a silver tiara with ruby red gem stones embedded in it. A she wore yellow glass slippers with golden bracelets dangling from her wrists. But what caught Pit's eye the most was her medallion hanging around her neck. It looked just like the one Pit wore on his tunic.

Then, Greg walked up from behind the woman and bowed before her.

"Are you certain you want to do this, Your Majesty?" He asked, sounding concerned.

"...Of course. Though it may not be the time or place, the Sun is already going to present its gift to our kingdom." The woman said. Pit looked up and looked at the sun, surprised it hasn't burned up the woman or Greg. Then suddenly, a fireball shot down from the sun and head straight for the woman. Pit began to panic.

"What are you doing?! Get out of the way!!" He shouted, but the woman couldn't hear his voice, nor could she see his body. The woman held out her arms to catch the fireball, and it landed perfectly in her hands. Pit was taken back when he saw a new-born baby emerge when the flames vanished. Greg ran up to the woman to get a good look at the baby.

The baby was wailing and crying like normal infant would do when they were just born. But however, the woman began to hum a gentle melody, the same one from Pit's last dream. The baby began to calm down and fall asleep in her arms. Both the woman and Greg smiled as they looked at each other and the back at the baby.

"His name, Your Majesty?" Greg asked. "What shall it be?"

"His name...shall be Icarus." The woman answered.

"Icarus, My Queen?" The woman nodded.

"The name Icarus means 'deep inner desire for order and physical creativity'. I think it's a wonderful name for my new baby boy, my Gift of the Sun." The woman kissed the sleeping baby's forehead and smiled.

"Be safe...Be strong...Be kind...I love you...My little Icarus..."

Pit once again woke up from his dream, but the only reason he did so was because Dark Pit woke him up this time.

"Hey Pit-Stain, let's go." He began. "Practice started already." Pit looked at his brother and sat up in his bed.

"Pittoo." He said. "I had another dream..." And so then, Pit explained the entire dream tho the dark angel. Dark began to wonder as well what this could all mean.

"Well, I don't know." Dark Pit replied. "But I'm guessing this woman and the Black Sun Kingdom are obviously connected, but the question is why and how?" The dark angel pondered a bit more before saying: "Listen, I'm already late for lunch with Viridi, so we're going have to pick this up another time." As Dark began to walk out the door, Pit asked: "Why are you going to lunch with Viridi? Are you two dating?"

Dark Pit's face became flushed. He turned around growled at the light angel. He then shouted:

"LISTEN PIT-STAIN, I DIDN'T WANT TO GO, OK?!?! SHE'S FORCING ME TO GO TO LUNCH WITH HER, SO DON'T GET ANY IDEAS, OR START SPREADING RUMORS, GOT IT?!?!" And with that, Dark Pit slammed the door of Pit's, leaving his brother confused and dumbfounded.
~~~
Later in Viridi's garden, Viridi and Phosphora were having a girl's talk while Dark Pit quietly sat there and read a newspaper. Dark took a sip of his drink, but when he turned the page, he spit the entire sip onto Viridi on his right. The Goddess of Nature looked at him furiously.

"Pittoo! You'd better have a good reason for--" Then she realized that he wasn't paying attention, and saw that he had a shocked look on his face.

"Hey, Pittoo, what's wrong?" Phosphora asked, waving her hand in his face. Dark Pit was staring at the newspaper page where he saw the article:

NEWEST HIT PERFORMER:
DAWNA LITE

And the picture below the article was a picture of a woman, the same woman Pit had described from his dream.