Chapter Twenty-One

"Taehyung, I need to be honest with you." Jungkook stormed into the kitchen where Taehyung was cooking dinner.

"What? What's wrong?" Taehyung snapped his head towards Jungkook. He was concerned and noticed that Jungkook was serious if he was in big space.

"Here's the truth. I... I'm the one who ate the last of the cookies, not Yeontan. I'm sorry!" Jungkook blurted out. Taehyung stared blankly at him in response.

"If all you did was eat cookies, I don't care. Eat all the cookies you want if it makes you happy, just don't scare me like that again! Maybe don't open the discussion like that next time." Taehyung sighed.

"Oh...well nevermind then. Also, Jin hyung called! He said he wants to invite us for drinks with the hyung Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok. Is it okay if we go?" Jungkook asked nervously. He knew Taehyung was overprotective of him, and going to a bar may be out of his comfort zone, but he wanted to expand his horizons.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Jungkook? With all the stuff going on that might be dangerous." Taehyung responded, unsure. Taehyung did often go out with the boys, but he didn't usually drink a lot and hasn't gone out in a while due to dedicating his time to Jungkook.

"Look, Tae, I know that me in public is dangerous, but I can't stay locked up in this apartment forever. I want to hang out with people and have a drink maybe like a normal person! Please? We can still be careful!" Jungkook pleaded, and god, Taehyung could not say no to that begging face.

"Fine! I understand. We can go, but we have to be very careful and discrete. I'll watch over you the whole time, and we will leave immediately if something happens." Taehyung huffed and finished dinner.

"Yay, thank you so much, hyung!" Jungkook cheered and kissed Taehyung on the cheek before running off to their bedroom. Taehyung would never get used to such affection, but he accepted it happily.

Over the past few days since Jungkook got better, it felt like their relationship changed again. They felt closer and more domestic than before. Taehyung knew he liked Jungkook as more than a friend, but he wasn't sure if Jungkook felt the same. He would have to wait a little longer and see how long it takes before he breaks down and confesses his love in an emotional drunken stupor.

And that would be less than pleasant.

The night time rolled around and Jungkook was bouncing off the walls excited for his first outing in ages!

"Hyungggg is it time to go yet?!" Jungkook whines.

"Not yet, bun. I'm almost done so make sure you are ready to walk out this door in like three minutes." Taehyung huffs and finishes buttoning up his blue dress shirt.

Jungkook nods and blushes at the sight of seeing Taehyung's bare chest. He's never seen Taehyung in any kind of immodesty compared to how many times little Jungkook runs around in underwear. He admits Taehyung was very attractive and handsome in every way.

"How is one man so perfect?" Jungkook sighs and puts his boots on. He opted for a more youthful look with ripped jeans and a bomber jacket.

"You look more like you are going to a business meeting than a bar." Jungkook joked as Taehyung walked in.

"Shut up, ya brat! You look like a rebellious college kid!" Taehyung barks back with a smile.

"Hey! This is what all the cool kids wear these days, right?" The younger smiles and spins around to show off the outfit.

"Rightttt." Taehyung giggles as Jungkook playfully punches him.