✧. ┊Chapter 8: Habromania

˚(Y/N)'s POV

˚ · . Character death.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

I texted my parents letting them know I was almost home. My dad told me he was going to be late home again. But my mother was home. I hurried home as it was getting late outside.

I knock a few times letting her know I was here before opening the door with a key I had.
"Hey I'm here!" I called out as I stepped inside taking off my shoes, I noticed two more pairs of shoes. I recognized them anywhere! The small pair of shoes belonged to Hinami!

I stepped further into my parents' home and see Fueguchi's here, but it was only Hinami and her mother, my mom was sitting beside Ryouko. Hinami looked up and saw me and stood up to run and hug me. I smiled and hugged her back.
"Hey Hinami! Everything okay?"

"Hinami?" I gently pet the top of her head. I sighed and I looked ahead and smiled and did a slight nod towards Ryouko to greet her.

She smiled back at me. "Hello (Y/N)! Always wonderful to see you out and well! Sorry for the sudden surprise!"

"A-Ah! No worries it's always a delight to see you guys as well! Is everything okay?" I wondered curiously, they usually don't drop in without notice...or did my mom forget to tell me they were coming over? I'm not going to push it or ask. So, I just smiled down at Hinami.

I've Known Hinami for a long time. The Fueguchi's were so nice to my mother they helped my family while we were adjusting to living in Japan. And for the obvious reason of my mother, they helped my mother with living as a ghoul in a new a whole new county! I was pretty close to Hinami; she was only 5 years younger than me and she has always felt like a younger sister to me.

I was let out of my thoughts as my mother encouraged me to hang out with Hinami so she could talk to Ryouko privately. I nod looked down at Hinami. "Hey Hinami! let's go hang out in my room! I might still have a couple of things in there you might want to see!" Hinami smiled up at me and happily skipped to my old room. I nodded to Ryouko as I walked into my room. It was a mostly vacant room since I've moved out and now live on my own. It still holds a "lived in" feel to it. It served just as a guest room for my parents (Not that anybody ever uses it) it's funny considering the walls still have posters on them. The bedroom still had a small tv in it a desk and even a bookshelf full of books that I decided to leave here.

"So Hinami how have you been! Sorry I haven't had time to talk much to you...college is boring." I laughed to keep Hinami's mood enlightened. Hinami sat on the edge of the bed and leaned in curiously. "(Y/N)? what's college like?"

"Oh! College? hmm...compared to high school and junior high...it's mostly quiet and the classes are long and boring, and hard!" I sighed and sat on the chair and rolled it close to Hinami.

"Got anything new going on these days Hinami? I asked her curious and hoping to catch up on her life, it was always interesting since we both lived two such different lives. I, a human from a half ghoul mother. And Hinami, a ghoul from well, a family of ghouls.

Hinami thought to herself for a moment. She shook her head no and looked down.

"Nothing new?" I tilted my head and sighed.

It was unfortunate that I didn't know her situation at the time. If only I could've gone back. Maybe even tell Ryoukyo how wonderful she is...

They soon had left I said we all said our goodbyes. Hinami and her mother left.

"(Y/N)?" My mother turned to my and spoke in a more serious tone. "Um? Yes mom?"
"Was Hinami a little quieter today?" My mom sighed as she finished her question and while walking towards the kitchen.
"Yeah a little bit I suppose usually she goes on and on about what's going on...but I had to kinda push her to speak today." I sighed myself
"Is something wrong?"