✧. ┊Chapter 9: Healing Wounds

˚(Y/N)'s POV

˚ · . No Warnings!
.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

Kaneki and I had brought Hinami back to Anteiku. We both tried to stay strong for Hinami's sake. Kaneki saw how distraught Hinami and I both looked. Hinami especially. Poor girl just lost everything she had. I couldn't even imagine such a fate. We tried to keep Hinami quiet so we could get back safely.

...

I was leaning on Kaneki. A few tears stain my cheeks. I squeezed the tissue in my hand. I had to be strong. Kaneki had his arm around me, gently rubbing my arm to keep me calm. He would also occasionally lift his other hand to help wipe my tears away. I hated crying in front of others, I had never been the best at being vulnerable to anyone but Hide, Kaneki, and my parents. Kaneki knew this better than anyone.

Kaneki would every once in awhile lean in to whisper to offer some reassurance to me. Two of Anteiku's employees were here as well, Koma and Irimi sat across from us. A man with white chin length hair stood with his arms crossed, I learned his name was Yomo and he knew my mother. Yoshimura was downstairs in the cafe, all of us had to sink in this new information and were worried about Hinami.

Soon the silence was broken by the door opening.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.
˚Touka's POV

I followed Youshimura upstairs and when he opened the door to our typical meeting room I was surprised to see everyone...and (Y/N) had something happened to her!? I saw everyone looked at me then away...

"Yomo you too? What's going on?" I was worried now. I saw (Y/N)'s sad face and frowned.

"Mrs. Fueguchi was killed by ghoul investigators." I froze when I heard Yoshimura tell me. "She was trying to save Hinami." He continued. My anger grew inside me. I angrily slammed my fist to the wall.

I saw (Y/N) flinch and grabbed onto Kaneki. (That damn loser still gets all her attention...)

"What about Hinami.?" I looked at Yoshimura.
"She's safe. She's sleeping in the back." He tried to assure me. "

"What about her face! Did they see it?" I looked around. Yoshimura nodded to my question and I sunk to my knees. "Damn it." What were we going to do!? They know what she looks like, they'll definitely go after her now.

"Hinami is being sheltered and cared for here at Anteiku for the meantime. But I have considered relocating her to the 24th ward." Yoshimura looked at me as he spoke. I was in disbelief. Move her to the 24th ward!? Is he serious!?

"Is that a joke!? There's no way Hinami is going to live there! We should just kill the doves...Before they get the chance to dig up Hinami's information. We should just get rid of them!"

Everyone looked at me. It was quiet. Why weren't they saying anything!? Then Yomo looked at me

"If we start going after the doves, they'll start shifting their attention to this area as if there are more ghouls that have violet tendencies. And if that were to happen, they'll send more doves here until we're all gone. So understand Touka"

Yoshimura turned his attention back to me. "It's as Yomo-kun said. We mustn't get mixed in with those guys. It's for everyone's safety."

Safety? It's for the best? Can they even hear themselves right now!? "It would be pathetic to not attack! Hinami's parents were killed by them!"