Missing

Through the green and brown binoculars, Mateo's bright eyes spotted a girl and a lady that reminded him of Kate and Sophie.

"Ember! Evelynn."

He called them over and started making no sense. "Look! I see Sophie-I mean I see your-just look."

"'Lemme see that."

     Ember ripped the binoculars right out of his hands. Jackson picked up a few things on their behavior towards each other and took note of it, I mean there was nothing else to do."Hey! That's them! Let's go!"

Ember did not even have the patience to take a good look at their faces, she took off.

Running towards the girls, she noticed something, they weren't who she saw them as. That was not her sister and mom. They were turned. Mateo picked up a gun and ran as fast as he could to get to her. Ember saw the 'people' running and as their faces got closer and closer, Mateo knew what he had to do. It was definitely Kate and Sophie, but it was not at the same time. Ember dropped her gun and fell to the floor.

"Urgh!"

Evelynn came running out of the hilltop after hiding Jackson in a tent and forcing him to not make a peep. She forgot about Ellie.

"Shoot!" Evelynn kept telling Mateo or Ember to shoot and they did not listen. She knew she had to.

     She touched the trigger and aimed, aimlessly. It was like she has been waiting for a long time to do this.Since the virus lived in the brain, you had to shoot the brain, and that is exactly what Evelynn had done. One fell right to the floor. Another one down, the handgun she had did not have a silencer on it and it attracted a bunch of the infected to come running by. Mateo had his hand on Ember's shoulder as she shook uncontrollably and sobbed carelessly.

"Oh, shit! They can run now?" He asked, in terror.

     Evelynn did not respond but she gave out a hand signal to Ember and Mateo to run, so that is what they did. Ember saw everything as a blur and Mateo had to help her climb back up the hill.

"Ember! Is she okay?" Eleanor asked, poking her head out of the tent. She figured she would go in the tent with Jackson to ensure his safety since no one did that for him, but Ellie.

"That was Kate and Sophie, they turned. And-and apparently, they can run now!"

     Mateo barely made any sense, but Eleanor understood. When they fully reached the top of the hill, Ember fell and screamed. How was she going to live without the two things that kept her going?