Explanatory

"Go! Go! Go! " Mateo screamed, fast and clear. He pushed Ember out of the way as the car was getting closer and closer towards them, not stopping. You would think if it's the end of the world and there were only so many people still breathing, you would stop to talk to the part of humanity left.

     A cold sensation touched Mateo's head. Ember felt it too. It was raining. Surprised by the rain and confused because of the car that was getting closer every second, they totally disregarded the fact that Evelynn needed to be stabbed. She needed to be stabbed in the skull before she turned.

"Ellie! Jackson! " Ember shouted at the two kids, while making hand signals. Ellie knew what she meant and grabbed the knife out of her pocket.

"Hey over here! Hello!" Mateo was saying in a high-pitched voice, trying to get the driver's attention. It sounded funny but Ember was in no place to laugh.

     The detailed car with blue and white stripes, passed them. The driver glanced at them in the half of a second he had before noticing the herd ahead. The guy backed up until he was right next to Ember's feet.

"Get in you two." The guy demanded. He had black hair up to his shoulders and a tiny man bun up top with dark eyes that appeared all black.

Ember and Mateo were confused and had no idea what to say, that is until Ellie and Jackson came running over. The guy had his gun ready in his hands, not knowing that Ellie and Jackson were not infected. He lowered the gun once he saw the two others were not moving.

"Did you do it, Ellie?" Ember whispered as softly as she possibly could.

"No. She is dead, but Jackson killed her. " Eleanor replied. She seemed reassuring. Ember looked at her with a side smile and an 'okay' look.

"Hey! I'm not trying to babysit you guys here, but I know there must be a reason why y'all yelled for me. Those two kids yours? "

The guy in the car said. He had his eye on Ember the whole time. He had a name written on his rusty car, it read "Mike".

"Yes. They're with us. But they ain't ours. What's your deal? " Ember replied, her hair covered in rain. Everyone but Mike in the car was drenched in rain, smelly and hungry.

"Oh! My deal, huh," He pulled Ember over towards him and pointed over to the moving herd, "that's my deal. All of those things are coming and you are taking forever to answer me!"

"Were you headed?" She looked at him with occasional glances to the herd, holding Jackson's hand tightly because the rain got in between their hands, making them slip apart.

"South Dakota, country girl. It is a long way but we have camps there, food, water, showers and-." He got out of his car, slammed the door, and punched Ember in the face, next Mateo who tried to fight back and dragged Ellie and Jackson along with them. "We even have people like you!"

He picked up Ember, who was still knocked out, up and into the trunk of his car. He put a piece of clothing and tied it around her mouth. He did the same to Ellie and laid her right beside Ember. Jackson and Mateo were blindfolded and strapped to the backseat. The kids were the only ones who were not punched until they gave out.