We'll Find A Way

After several rounds of CPR done by Mateo, Ember ordered that they must move on.

"We'll find a way without her, right?" Ember asked, nervously.

"Ya, ya we will," Mateo responded, along with a comforting hug, "Jackson, are you okay bud?"

Jackson looked at him with a sigh and let out a soft and fragile cry. Why does it have to be this way? He looked like he had enough anger to kill every infected person on the planet.

"Hey, Em'. Come here." Mateo said quietly with a hand gesture. Ellie, still comforting Jackson near Evelynn's corpse. "I know we don't have a lot of time before she turns and tries to kill us, but I just wanted to talk this through and figure out what we're going to do without an adult. We can not take care of two children. We are still children!"

He appeared to be broken rather than aggravated.

"It's okay. We'll find a way. There has to be a car nearby, and I actually turned twenty a couple days ago." Ember's voice calmed Mateo and the sky was getting darker by the minute, causing her eyes to look dark as well.

"You see that?" He asked, looking at the car driving towards them. He put his binoculars on and zoomed in on the car. The license plate read 'Massachusetts', but they all knew that they were far, far away from Mass.