Chapter 22

Rathnama's POV...

When I entered the bath I gasped when my eyes first landes on  his bare muscular shoulders resting on the corner of the pool.....he was inside the water pool filled with warm water maintained at perfect temperature below his chest was inside the water filled with fragrant flowers and his personal attende was standing behind him..... Seeing me he ordered him to leave so bowing to the King and then me he left the bath giving us privacy....

My eyes again shamelessly wandered on my husband's handsome face and strong and rigid shoulders.... I couldn't help but remembering those 10 long years when I could only get to gaze him and admire him secretly....

My thoughts were brought back to present due to his throat clearing.... I gulped and looked down and wished him...... He spoke...

"Didn't  I said we will talk later Rathnama?? "

He asked me I sat on the pool wall opposite to him without looking up at him because I know if I see his eyes I would lose my words and can never deny him... As I was sitting sidewayst I could see my reflection in the big sized mirror....I peaked through my right side slightly only to see him waiting for my response.... I took a  deep breath...

"I don't need Rest Arasea... I need answers..... NOW'

I still didn't looked at him.. I heard him signing.... Then him asking

" How much do you know Rathnama?? "

More than required Udaiyare... That's what I wanted to say but controlled myself I am not allowed to reveal him that so I just said what 18 year old Rathnama supposed to know by then along with a new information I got to know now.....

"I know that you kept Prince Imayazhan to spy me for the past three years...and you are aware of my herbs consumption and made the old lady kill herself and stopped me from taking that herbs"

I heard his chuckle that confused me....... He spoke..

"The second half was true but not the first half Rathnama.... I sent Imaiyan here last month only to deal with that old lady as I was caught up with some major issues in capital......keeping spies aren't new things to Emperor's..... That's how empire works there is spies everywhere and I receive daily reports from them You might aware of this ,don't you??? "

I just nodded my head ignoring the later part and stick to the info about Imaiyazhan I can say that boy surely didn't stayed back for me ....Is Udaiyar also aware of it or have doubt on it... I should ask him..

"Arasae where is Ilavarasar now... Is he here.. He is safe right... I heard Kuyili he saved them from attackers.... Is he injured is that why he stayed back???? "

"Oh Really Rathnama..... Now it's Suspicious .... When did you both started worrying about each other's safety.... That boy is saying he stayed back to protect you and now you are asking his well being are you sure you are asking about Prince Imaiyazhan???  Because as far as remember you both always have cat fights over everything!!! "

He questioned. ... I replied immediately

"We don't fight for everything Arasae.....its Only for your attention"

I couldn't help myself from saying this... I heard him laughing I titled my head lightly and glanced at him.....our eyes meet I immediately lowered my gaze... He was affecting me badly....

And he was right me and Imaiyazhan and would always fight with each other in childhood after my marriage and Udaiyar's depature I didn't meet Imaiyazhan even in the past due to many problems our relationship as childhood best friend is forgotten and stayed at the limit of Queen and the Prince in line of throne.....

He was a year elder than me still we both argue  and fights with each other mostly the reason would be who would get to be with Udaiyar..... Even though he stayes in Main palace and get to see and learn from Udaiyar he always fight with me for Udaiyar's attention he doesn't even consider the fact I only get to meet my Udaiyar  on special functions and fests when my parents brought me with them to the capital for celebration. ...

One day  he locked me inside the library and withdrew the guards with him so no one heard my screams asking to open the door eventually it was Udaiyar who found me and he actually punished both of us....

Yeah us because it was me who actually mixed sleeping herbs in Imaiyazhan's dinner the before day that lead him sleep till afternoon and he got scolding from The King Ellalan for missing morning prayer and practice..... So yeah we both got punished by Udaiyar for that...I  was just 7 years old then....

Water spash on my face again brought me back to the presence....

"If you have that much to think why did you came here Rathnama.... You can leave!!! "

He splashed water again on me.. I glared at him or tried to glare at him.... But immediately lowered my eyes seeing his raised brows...

"Why do you always intimidate me Udaiyare.. Is it necessary to always show me how much power you have on me...... "

"Speak clearly Rathnama don't give me puzzles to solve!!? "

"Why is it always your right to do...... "

I looked at him now.... I can't able to control myself from asking the following...

"It's always been about what you wanted Udaiyare.... I am just a puppet for you and I will dance on your tunes without any complaints....you want me to your Queen and you made me one... You want me to  learn warfare along with politics I did for you... If you said don't do Rathnama I won't dare to do that even think about that again...... I won't speak a single word if you say me to stop....my tears won't leave my eyelids until you permits... You have such control over me and my life.... If by chance I went against your wish what would you do Udaiyare... Would you start hate me and keep me away from you forever as my punishment.....what would happen to me who's life was controlled by you go against your words......"

He furrowed... I know what I asked would have surprised him but I want to know from him....... What ever I said was true in the past too the only time I went against his words was that night I went for Yamaparithi Poojai...... I want to know the answers for that........ He didn't spoke I continued......

"Please say Udaiyare if I go against your words once what would happen to me...... Would you punish me and push me away from you...... Would you hate me..........in anger if you say me don't come near you I won't come near you for the rest of our life........all I know was you all did I  all my life is for you only Udaiyare if you wants me out of your life I would do that to with a broken self still...because even if you ask me to take up my life I would do that without further question...."

My voice broke at the end but I said with truthfulness.... I looked at him who was staring at me intensely..... I couldn't able to read him...... He raised his palms in front..... And said...

"Come here Udaiyal"

Like it was a spell he casted on me I stood up and stepped inside the pool and walked towards him each step I decent I get immersed in water.... When I reached till his hands water level was till my shoulder level.....

I placed my hand on his palm he held it tightly and in swift motion he pulled me closer to him I was dashed into his hard chiseled torso.... I lifted my gaze up and stared in to his intimidating eyes.....

Without breaking the eye contact... He placed my plam over his chest and presses his palm over mine..... I was taking heavy breaths even though he looks calm I can hear his heart beating under my plam that sends cill run through my spine.... I looked at our hands on his chest then him.....

"Can you feel that........ If my Udaiyal says it to stop it would stop beating the next second......

My Udaiyaal have more power over me than I have on her....... It's just that she never acknowledged and exercises her power over me..... "

Author's note...

Happy Reading📖📖📖📖

Thank you❤❤❤❤