Part 32: He's My Best Friend's Brother

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"What?" I asked him and he finally opened his mouth, only to ask, "How do you know Imran?"
Why is he so adamant on getting the answer behind this?

"He's... a friend and Zayn's brother as well, why?" I answered and questioned him at the same time as he asked, "By Zayn, you mean, your best friend Zayn? Imran and Zayn are brothers? And how is he your friend?" "Yes, he's my best friend's brother and my friend. Relax, why so many questions?" I answered and he said, "I think I've seen you two together, I'm not sure, have I?"

He remembers seeing us together? Oh God! "What's wrong?" Imran came and asked and Saarim repeated his question. "Yeah, I remember. I was there with Theo and there, I met Layla. She didn't know I was Zayn's brother back then," he answered his question, saving me the trouble.

"Um, if you didn't know him, why were you two talking?" He asked me again, and this time, I was so close to losing my temper. I mean I get it he is concerned for me, but I can make decisions for myself.
"That's something I don't-" "We were standing in the queue and I asked her to pass me the menu. Plus we studied in the same school, so I was just asking her some stuff."

How can someone handle a situation so well? That too without panicking? If he hadn't answered the question, I don't know what would I have said. Hm. "Oh okay. You didn't tell me you knew Layla," Saarim said as Imran replied, "Yeah, I didn't think it was important. I mean, she doesn't need your approval to talk to people now, does she?" He then chuckled and a small smile came across my lips. Wow, that did shut Saarim's questions though.

I don't like it when someone gets all protective about who I talk to and who I don't. No matter what their intentions are- good or bad- for me, or they're just concerned. Only I get to make those decisions for myself; and my best friends of course. Saarim? Nah, he's just a good friend and my sister's best friend. Heck, I don't even allow my boyfriend to make those choices for me, let alone anyone else.

I do know what's and who's good and bad, I'm what- 17 years old, almost 18 now. I sighed and sat there, waiting for my friends to come as Saarim dragged Imran along with him to Zahra and his other friends. They wanted to meet the guy who helped him- wait what? Imran was the guy who helped Saarim with all this? And he didn't tell me? He obviously must have known that the party's for Zahra- my sister- yet he didn't tell me?

Maybe he didn't want to take the credit? He's done this many times, doing things and helping people without letting others know about it. Hmm.

"Hey what- why are you sitting like this?" Iqra came and asked, to which I replied, "Uhm, I twisted my leg- but I'm fine now, nothing serious." Shifa's face twisted with concern as she said, "Layla be careful, you often tend to twist your leg! What if something serious happens?" I looked at Zayn who just face-palmed himself and said, "Nah, I'm not gonna say anything. Seriously though, what if something happens because your leg keeps twisting? And did you fell and get hurt?"

"No actually Im-" "I held her just in time, she's fine," Imran spoke out of nowhere and I kind of jumped on suddenly hearing his voice. "What were you doing with her?" Zayn asked and he said, "Well, I helped Saarim with this," and pointed towards the surrounding arrangements and continued, "So his friend, Rayna I suppose, the girl who kept the party wanted to meet and thank me. Layla was there, talking to them and turned around and twisted her leg. So, being the gentleman I am, I held her."