Chapter 3: The Arguement

Y/n paced in the living room behind Splinter's chair, half focusing on the telenovela that was playing and half listening for the guys.

They had heard how everything had gone with the mission through the coms... but Donnie had cut them off halfway through the walk home. Which Y/n was somewhat grateful for, but they kept their earpiece in, just in case.

"The boys are fine, no need for all this pacing." Splinter said with a wave of his hand, as if their worry was something he could fan away.

"I know, I just-" They stopped themself as they heard a piercing and clear chime in their earpiece.

"Donatello and the dumb dumbs have arrived home." Lass (or the Lair's Automated Security System) informed me through my earpiece.

They never thought it's monotonous robotic voice would ever bring them comfort, but today it did.

"Thanks Lass." They sighed.

As they moved towards the main entrance the sound of voices soon reached their ears.

"I clearly said 'I got it!' Everyone heard me say 'I got it!'" Raph snapped.

"Yeah, but I got it with style." Leo responded smoothly, irritatingly calm.

"But you didn't get it! You lost it, and now we have a foot clan situation, Leo!" Raph exclaimed.

Leo didn't respond. Instead sauntering away to his room, hands behind his head.

Y/n walked up to Raph, gently placing a hand on his scaly arm. He looked down at Y/n, frustration practically clouding his eyes.

"I know you're angry at him, and probably disappointed too," Raph scoffed quietly at Y/n's words as they spoke, "But you know how much stress he's under. Your dad randomly making him leader like that. This is just the way he's dealing with it."

"That doesn't make Raph any less annoyed with him!" Raph fumed.

"I'm not saying he isn't a pain to deal with, I'm just asking you to go easy on him, okay?" They reasoned.

Raph looked down at them, seeming to argue with himself for a moment before sighing, "I'll try." Y/n smiles at him and pats his arm. Watching as he walked to Leo's room.

A beat of silence came over the room.

"Leo's going to piss him off." Donnie states simply.

"Wanna bet?" Y/n responds with a grin.

"How much?"

"10 bucks."

"20"

"No way, 12"

"17"

"15"

"Deal." They shake hands. Both turning to face the train car where Leo and Raph were and crossing their arms in sync.

'I swear Leon, just this once don't be stupid...'

A couple seconds later we hear loud shouts and suddenly Raph's glowing red fist comes through the wall.

Mikey, Donnie, and Y/n jump out of the way as things go flying. Y/n peaks out from behind Mikey to see Leo quickly moving on his toes, bringing his hands up like a boxer.

'Of course.' Y/n thought bitterly.

"No wonder you always want to train! You really need the practice!" Leo quips.

Mikey quickly moves in front of Leo, attempting to block him from Raph.

"Let him go Mikey." Raph growls, making another red mystic fist.

Y/n shoves Donnie slightly— seeing as he's just recording the whole thing with his phone—as they run forward and jump at Raph hooking themself around one of his arms like a koala in an attempt at restraining him.

"What? Oh. No. No." He finally gets the message and attempts to restrain Raph as well, getting on his back.

"Boys! Stop this arguing!" Splinter shouts and everything comes to a halt as he enters the room.

"But dad, Leo keeps-" Raph starts, raising his arm to motion towards Leo, inadvertently raising Y/n, who grips his arm tightly, glancing at the ground worriedly.

"Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh-Buh. No more. You are a team. You are brothers. And most importantly, you are too loud! I cannot hear my tv show! Tristan finally proposed to Annabell!" Y/n gasps at the reveal, "But did she say yes? I don't know because of you! Be the ninjas I taught you to be, respectful. And quiet!" And with that he exited the room with a huff and a flick of his tail.

Y/n quietly got off of Raph, Donnie soon followed suit. Raph quietly apologizing to Y/n for giving them a small scare.

Y/n glanced over at Leo, and as if he could feel their eyes on him, he flicked his gaze over in their direction. He expected to be met with a stubborn glare, like the rest of the team, but was instead met with a soft look.

They tilted their head to the side, silently asking 'You okay?'

He quickly looked away, a blush forming on his face, but he slowly gazed back at them and gave them a small, but noticeable, nod.

They smiled at his response and turned towards Mikey. They knew how much his brother's fighting bothered Mikey, so they thought a distraction might help.

"Hey, Mikey? You wanna go watch that show with Splinter? Sounds kinda interesting if he's that invested." Y/n nodded towards the tv room.

"Sure!" Mikey beamed, happy to get away from this angsty atmosphere.

Y/n let out a giggle at his excitement, and the two went to the living room, Donnie soon following behind.

"You still owe me 15 bucks, L/n."

Sorry this chapter took so long to get out, technical difficulties. But! We got it sorted out! Hope you enjoyed :)