6

Wonbin's POV

"Gather!"

I ran to the middle of the court, "Great job for today. Stretch well before you leave." We all said yes in unison, before we head towards the bench.

After packing up, I left the sports hall and was surprised to see Yuljin sitting by the bench, dozing off. "Isn't that your sister?" I heard someone asked from behind.

I turned to see Sungchan. "Hey, Jung Yuljin."

She flinched, as her eyes shot opened. "What are you doing here?" She walked over.

Yuljin held up a bottle of water to show Sungchan, before handing it over to me. "Just incase you think I'm bothering you, I'm handing you a necessity. In other words, I'm saving you."

I could sense Sungchan's stare, "You can drink it." I handed it over to him.

He was about to take a sip when Yuljin snatched it from him. "It's for Wonbin." She waved the bottle in front of my face, "Just a sip."

I looked at her briefly, before walking off.

I'm sorry Yuljin, but this is for the best.

Yuljin's POV

I held the bottle in place with a pout.

"He could have just took a sip." Ryu said, "I'll drink it for him." He stretched over and was about to take it, when I pulled it away from him.

"It's for Wonbin." I said, "He clearly left, and isn't interested so y-"

I opened the cap, and took a few gulps of water. "It's mine now." I shrugged, causing Ryu to look displeased.

Sungchan eyed me, "I'll treat you to lunch." My eyes glistened as I nodded excitedly.

We went to a small restaurant near our place that we always went since we were young, apparently.

I'm not entirely sure since most of my memory before the age of 14 was told to me. I do remember glimpse of my memory from before, but it's pretty vague.

After we ordered our food, Sungchan kept stealing glances of me. "Do you not have enough money?" I furrowed my brows, "Why do you keep looking at me?"

"Do you really like Wonbin?" I nodded.

"What do you like about him?" I thought for a bit before I shrugged, "I don't know exactly, but," I eyed him slightly.

I side eyed him, "You're going to judge me for saying this." He shook his head, "I promise I wouldn't. Just say it." I frowned.

"Why do you want to know so badly?" I eyed him suspiciously, "I'm just curious, and it's not that badly." He said.

I pursed my lips, "It's really crazy sounding, but it felt like home with him. Even though I just met him, but it felt like I knew him for years."

Sungchan bit his finger, and he seemed to be deep in his thoughts. "Here's your food." The lady served us our food.

"Been long since I last saw the both of you. How are you guys?" I smiled, eyeing Sungchan since I don't remember her much.

Sungchan smiled, "We've been well. How are you?"

He continued chatting with the lady while I began slurping on my noodles.

"Yum!" I said with a grin, as I took my first bite of noodles. "Is it that good?" My mom chuckled and I nodded.

"Sungchan, is it good?" He nodded, "It's the best!" Sungchan raised a thumbs up.

She chuckled as she looked around, "Want to have another bowl?" I nodded excitedly. My mom called the lady over to order another bowl of noodles.

After a few minutes, the lady returned with a bowl of piping hot noodles. "Here's your food." She smiled, "Are you guys new here?" Sungchan nodded.

"We just moved here," He counted with his fingers, before raising 3 fingers. "3 days ago!"

I furrowed my brows, "I'll let you guys be. Call me if you guys need anything." Sungchan nodded, and she left.

"What was it?" I looked up at Sungchan, "Did we come here to eat when we first moved here?" His eyes widened upon hearing what I said.

"Do you remember something?" I furrowed my brows, "I think so? But it was pretty vague." His smile widely as he raised his hand.

"Can we have an extra egg?" The lady nodded and came back with an egg. "It's on the house" She winked before walking off.

Sungchan placed the extra egg into my bowl. I looked at the extra egg, "What's the egg for?" He smiled.

"It's to celebrate your sudden memory return." I scoffed, as I shoved the whole egg into my mouth causing Sungchan to laugh.

"You're really ugly." He said, and I couldn't even rebut because my mouth is full.

After a few bites, I can finally relax the muscles around my mouth. "So what was my life like before the accident?" I asked.

"Didn't we already told you?" I shook my head.

"You didn't tell me about my friends." I furrowed my brows, "Don't tell me I don't have any friends." Sungchan placed his chopsticks down.

He pursed his lips, "Your friends are mainly from a club that you were in, which was guitar club." I raised my brows, "Wow! I can play the guitar? was I good at it?"

Sungchan shrugged, "You were alright."

I mimicked the air guitar, "No wonder I got such a good grip." He was shooting judgemental looks at me.

"But since I play the guitar, why don't I have any guitar at home?" His smile fell, "Because after the accident, your right hand isn't able to function as well as before."

I tried to move the fingers on my right hand and it does feel slightly stiff. "Oh, I thought this was normal." I shrugged.

"What about my friends? Why don't I hear about any of them anymore?" He was about to tell me when his phone rang.

He seemed serious, "What? What about the performance?" He ruffled his hair, before hanging up.

"What was it?" I asked, "The jam club pulled out of the annual school performance out of sudden. Now we have no one performing, and the performance is in a week."

"I mean I can always try to play the guitar, muscle memory you know?" Suddenly, his face lit up as he rushed out of the store to make a call.

I looked at him from inside, as he looked all stressed out while making the call.

I haven't seen him this stress in a while.

5 December 2023

When did y'all start to like Wonbin? :D