13

Yuljin's POV

It was the day of the school event that Sungchan have been planning for months. It's the biggest event in our school, it's almost like a carnival.

I cling my arm around Haneul, "Hey, can you return my girlfriend now?" I looked to the side to see Jun clinging on her other arm.

"Hey! She was my friend first." Jun stuck his tongue out, "But she's my potential wife!" I shook my head.

Haneul stopped walking, "Hey! Stop fighting!" She pulled her hands away from us as she began walking ahead. "It's all your fault." Jun said, and I rolled my eyes.

We caught up with Haneul, and we stopped by the hall. "Next up, we have a guitar performance by Park Wonbin!" I dragged Haneul to an empty seat and we sat down.

Wonbin walked out with a guitar strapped on him, and he sat on a tall stool. "Hi I'm Park Wonbin from class 2-2. It has been a while since I last played the guitar, but here's Love by Musiq Soulchild."

He began strumming, while he sang.

"There's this song that I really like." I opened my music app and showed it to Wonbin, "Love by Musiq Soulchild."

He nodded, "Give me a minute." He opened his laptop and typed some stuff before he took his guitar out.

"What are you doing?" I asked, as he positioned his guitar while glancing over at his laptop screen.

He began strumming, "Love, so many things I've got to tell you but I'm afraid I don't know how." I smiled, as he sang the entire song with his soft melodic voice.

"Love, so many people use your name in vain." He strummed the last note, and I stood up, applauding him with a wide grin on my face.

He grinned, as he placed his guitar down and he stood up. "I think I deserve this." He stretched his arms and I pulled him into a hug.

I was pulled back to reality, and I saw him playing the guitar while looking over at me with a smile.

He ended the song, and everyone stood up while clapping loudly. "Park Wonbin! Park Wonbin! Park Wonbin!" Everyone were chanting his name as the curtains closed.

As the next segment continued, I felt a tap on my shoulder but I turned to see no one. I felt another tap on my other shoulder, and I turned to see Wonbin sitting on the empty chair next to me.

"You did so well!" I said, giving him a side hug.

He ruffled my hair playfully, "I don't know if you remember but it was your favourite song." I nodded, "I got reminded of it just now."

"How are you feeling?" He wrapped his arm around me, "I'm okay." He looked down at me with a smile.

"Park Wonbin, you're so handsome!" Jun said in a high pitch voice, and I turned to face him. "Hey Lee Jun, take this." Wonbin threw a bread towards Jun.

I eyed Wonbin, "You guys knew each other?"

Wonbin eyed Jun, "Unfortunately, yes."

"What do you mean by unfortunately? it is very fortunately, okay?" Jun scoffed.

We chuckled, "Actually you knew Jun before as well." He brushed his fingers through my hair, "He was my best friend since middle school."

I leaned forward to take a better look at Jun, "Hey, and you didn't tell me?" Jun shrugged, "You didn't ask."

While watching the other parts of the event, Wonbin whispered into my ear. "Come with me later, I have somewhere I want to bring you to." I looked over at him and he grinned.

"What is it?" I asked, "It's a secret."

When the event ended, Wonbin grabbed my hand and dragged me out of school. We took the bus and we got off at one of the stop.

I looked around, "Where are we?" Wonbin grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the beach.

"Stand here." He said, as he took a stick and drew a heart around me.

He opened his guitar bag and took his guitar out. He smiled at me, "Jung Yuljin, this is a Park Wonbin concert dedicated only to you."

"Actually it's only one song." He said, and I chuckled. "But watch it anyways." I nodded, as he began strumming.

He sang Confession song by Got7.

While he was singing, tears welled up in my eyes.

Towards the end of the song, he walked towards me with a smile as he continued singing while I was bawling like a baby.

"Baby I, I love you." He ended the song, and I clapped for him. He wiped my tears with his finger.

"3 years ago, I asked you to be my girlfriend with this song at the same spot. 3 years later, I decided to ask you to be my girlfriend with the same song, at the same place." a waterfall of tears began falling down my face.

Wonbin smiled, as he gently took my hand.

"Jung Yuljin, will you be my girlfriend again?"

7 December 2023