011. redamancy [malleus]

You had been so curious when Malleus invited you to Briar Valley with him. Your sweet dragon fae boyfriend wanted to share his world with you and even though it was only for a weekend, there was so much for you to explore. He'd brought you with him to attend an important celebration in his kingdom; a day said to honor the birth of a beautiful princess from long ago. You had taken in every bit of information he told you and marveled at every place he brought you to. You had yet to tell his grandmother about your, up to this point, still secret relationship and after a whole day of showing you around; pretending you were just a friend from school, Malleus was looking forward to spending some alone time with you.

He told you that he'd like to show you the woods near the castle at night; a place which he would often withdraw to when he could leave the castle. It was absolutely breathtaking. There were lights in all shades of blue and purple surrounding you and you weren't even sure where they were coming from. There were little fairy creatures and fireflies around you and some of the fish in the water would glow when they swam by. The forest was rich with all kinds of colorful plants and fauna and their beauty seemed to resonate with the prince next to you; the man you loved so much that a hundred poems wouldn't do your feelings justice. You knew how powerful Malleus was. You knew that his homeland was a land full of magic, yet you had to see it with your own eyes to fully understand. Malleus lived and breathed magic. It was like the Draconia family was the heart of Briar Valley. The nature around him seemed to adjust to his movements and his feelings. It was like he could somehow communicate with the magic that was everywhere in the air around him. You looked at him from the side and smiled at how he sat in the grass next to you, playing with the little fairies around him. He could only be described as ethereal. It was as if, in this moment, Malleus was magic itself.

And then there was you. You felt that, compared to him, you were just ordinary. You still couldn't believe how the two of you were so different, yet had fallen so hopelessly in love with each other. Eventually Malleus looked back at you curiously, wondering whether there was a reason you kept staring at him in fascination. He asked you what was on your mind. "It's just...I find it hard to believe sometimes that we're really together. I mean you're so amazing and breathtaking and-" You were cut off by his lips clashing with yours. Malleus leaned against you, causing you to lie down in the grass behind you as he propped himself up over you and pulled you into a kiss that left both of you breathless. His fingertips caressed your cheek and he gently nibbled at your lower lip. You ran your fingers through his soft hair and kissed him once again, pulling him closer into your embrace. In this moment you wanted to hold onto him forever. The kiss was desperate, both of you wanting to show each other how much love you felt for each other. It was as if time stood still.

When his warm lips left yours, you opened your eyes again to look at Malleus gazing at you with the most loving smile you'd ever seen on his face. He proceeded to press multiple sweet kisses to your face, hoping you'd finally understand how much he adored everything about you; every second that he spent with you. "I hope it's easier for you to believe now", he chuckled, giving you another taste of his lips, "I feel the same for you as you do for me. I love you, unconditionally." He pulled you into his arms and the two of you gazed at the stars above you; a shooting star crossing the sky. "Have you wished for anything?", you whispered and Malleus nodded, nuzzling your cheek affectionately. "One day I want to share this kingdom with you", he stood up and held his hand out to you, "would you like a dance, my dearest?"

You took his hand and swayed to the music slowly ringing through the air around you. "How did you-" "Magic does have its perks", he smirked as he slowly danced with you through the night. Malleus eventually slowed down even more and hugged you, burying his face in your neck. "You're my whole world, please don't ever forget that" he whispered before looking into your eyes, "meeting you was the most magical experience of my life."

You were certain you'd never forget that.