017. with an s/o who is a writer [malleus]

• Malleus is mostly unfamiliar with the modern way of writing stories. Hell, many of the things he's read have been written with a magical pen and ink. The Briar Valley castle libraries contain many books that are unique and don't have any other copies in the whole world. The newer ones were written on a typewriter.

• He's super interested when you tell him you write as a hobby for the first time. He's seen many printed books since coming to Night Raven College but watching you just pull out your laptop and write a whole story in just a couple of hours is fascinating to him. He lets you sit on his lap and wraps his arms around you. He rests his head on your shoulder or against your head and watches as the words just seem to spill onto the pages. He reads along and asks you a couple of questions in the meantime, still being careful not to distract you though.

• "Why did the king say this to his daughter?", Malleus asks with a surprised expression, "is he hiding something?" You chuckle. "You'll find that out in about five chapters", you turn around a bit to be able to press a sweet kiss to his lips. Malleus smiles and puts his hands on his hips. "And when do I get to read those?", he asks and you let out a sigh. "Only god knows", you bury your head in your hands, "if the heavens decide to randomly inject me with whatever writer steroids I was on when I wrote the first three chapters, it might be tomorrow after an all-nighter and an unholy amount of coffee. If things don't go well it could be next New Year's Day." "But it's January...", Malleus sighs.

• He's always the first to witness all the frustrations that come with being a writer. He finds it amusing but he also hopes you always find the motivation and productivity you want.

• If you write poetry, Malleus always reads it with great interest, trying to search for messages within the lines. Before the two of you got together, this was how he's been trying to look for hints of your feelings for him.

• He's so unfamiliar with the modern world that sometimes he finds out way later that something you mentioned in your works is in fact not a fictional thing you made up. He'll smile at you and tell you how creative you are for coming up with all this fantastic and wondrous stuff and then you rent an apartment with him to stay at during your fourth year internships. "Wait, you're telling me roombas are real???", he just stares at the little apparatus cleaning your living room floor in awe. You raise an eyebrow: "You thought they were fake?"

• He just stares at you with a slightly confused expression.

• Malleus is actually pretty easily motivated to write something himself. And he's good at it too, given his eloquent way of speaking and writing that has been taught to him at a young age due to him being a prince. He has so many in-depth thoughts, it's pretty easy for him to make detailed descriptions of something and bring a story to life. He projects a lot too. Like, you know him too well and you just know exactly where the lines in the story about the lonely gargoyle just wishing for a friend or for anyone to care about his feelings come from. But that's a conversation for another day.