Chapter 1 - Having to Re-Write

1st Person POV Grian

I opened my eyes to see people surrounding me, every hermit was standing there in a circle. I was crouched so I gently stood up brushing myself off.

"Welcome to season 7 everybody!"

A familiar admin chirped next to me. It was a new season and no new players. It was just me and the others. Once again.

"Who's that?" Scar spat.

I turned to face him only to see him staring back at me. He didn't remember me, after everything he didn't remember me.

My face dropped as I stared back at him, tears bubbling in my eyes. Xisuma looked at me with a worried look. I gulped down my cry, putting on a fake smile.

"I'm Grian, it's nice to meet you, what's your name?"

I faked, I couldn't take it. I put an outstretched hand out which Scar refused. He walked up to me, grabbing my wings with a firm grip and moving them to where he pleased.

"These are odd, why do you get a custom elytra and we don't?"

Scar said in annoyance. I squawked, scratching him with my talons in self defence. He quickly backed off.

"What's wrong with you? I just wanted to touch them." He tried to argue.

Small tears fell down my face. I wasn't used to him being rude. My wings had just healed from last season and here he is batting them around like they're a ball. He reminded me of Iskall from the start of last season, a right utter bitch.

"Scar, you can't just go around touching people without consent, I've already spoken to you about this 2 seasons ago. Anyway everyone we better head off but just before you go can i have a show of hands if you know Grian." Xisuma was investigating. It was blatantly obvious to us who knew.

Only Mumbo's hand went up. Only him and Xisuma remembered me from last season but then a third hand went up.

"Who's that?" Xisuma called out, hoping for a response.

A man in a bunny hat stepped forwards, "I'm Sam! It's nice to meet you all."

His sickening wide grin was recognisable from a distance, it wouldn't matter if he hadn't introduced himself. I would've recognised him anyway.

"Hi, Gree-on. How lucky that we end up on the same server again isn't it?"

"Do you two know each other?" Xisuma asked us.

"Good, long time, friends," Sam sneered.

This couldn't be happening, not again. How could he get out, he was stuck for eternity. The fear washed over me again.

I shook my head, "We were never friends Sam!" I yelled.

"Maybe we should all go our separate ways," Mumbo anxiously let out. "Grian, Xisuma. Could we talk in... private?"

Sam let out a creepy wave in front of my face before wandering off into the vast unknown. It was now just the three of us. Standing in a triangle.

"He seemed obnoxious," Xisuma muttered under his breath, looking towards the direction Sam went.

"Don't mind that. Grian, why does no-one remember you!" Mumbo was worried, I was too. It was only us and... Sam who remembered me.

More tears streamed down my face as I remembered Scar and our interaction.

"He doesn't remember me... Scar doesn't remember me." It suddenly felt too real, everything was crashing down in front of me. My breath became rugged and sporadic as I tried to breathe.

I fell to my knees, my face looking into the dirt below me as tears dropped onto it.

"He doesn't remember me!" I sobbed.

I tried catching my breath but failed as I curled up into a ball and sobbed. I caught a blurry glimpse of Xisuma and Mumbo exchanging glances, they didn't know how to deal with me. I was mourning the loss of someone in the worst way possible, forgetting. His memory had seemingly been wiped.

I sat there remembering everything that happened last season. From the time he comforted me after I left Sahara to when he nearly got himself killed trying to get me back after I reluctantly went with Xpereya. It all was for nothing.

It took a wee while but I had calmed down enough that I could use my common sense and realise why he couldn't remember me.

"I'm a watcher," I muttered under my face, plastering a big fake smile on. "I'm a watcher, you're a listener and you are an Admin. Every new season to anything people will forget we, their memories wiped of me," i could feel the tears about to escape and slash out but i kept them in.

"This was a nice talk, I'm going to head off now, Bye!"

I turned away and walked off into the jungle where I would be settling for the season, Mumbo would be nearby and so would Stress and Iskall. I wouldn't be alone again. I would be safe too.

After my long stroll to my soon to be base I caught a glimpse of what looked like two bunny ears. I spun round only to see a small white rabbit bouncing by. I was getting so anxious, Sam was here and seemingly out to get me by how he acted earlier. I wasn't ready to go through the trauma again.

I continued walking till I was standing in the middle. I plopped my bed down and set my spawn. My first task was to find exactly where everyone was just in case I needed to move further back so I wouldn't interfere with other builds.

I started wandering about, finding base after base. I talked to everyone in my area about their plans and it seemed I was in the clear. No one would get close to my build so I could build as big as I wanted.

I was walking back to where my base coords were when I stumbled upon some chests. These were no-ones to my knowledge, that was until I felt a hand wrap around the tip of my wing. It was a sensitive spot so I let out a chirp before batting away the mysterious hand.

I turned only to see Scar there.

"You are a mysterious person, Birdie. I'm not liking these wings of yours one bit. I am very jealous of the fact you get them early and can use them whenever you want. I'm not allowed them until next week!" I slowly nodded, taking a small step behind me.

I was scared of him, of Scar, of Sam and of everyone who didn't think I was human. They acted like they knew every little bit of me, I was scared they did.

"Considering I didn't answer your question earlier. I'm Scar. I also not touching that hand of yours after you cut my arm with your nails, freak,"

I nodded slowly before rushing off. I was stumbling left right and centre trying my best not to cry near him. It was too deep knowing so much which he had forgotten about. It hurt.

I hid under a tree staring up at the moon through blurry eyes. I wish Scar was here next to me, comforting me in the cold night. Instead, it was just me.

I felt something tingle in the back of my neck, then I spotted some eyes peering at me. I acted like nothing happened and stood up, hiding in my makeshift hobbit hole for the night, trying not to sob asleep.

1st Person POV Sam

I was finally on the same server as Gree-on after 4 years of being locked up. Don't think I can stay in prison forever Gree-on, I need you and you need me. I can see you and you can see me. Difference is I have superiority over you. I have power, you are just a weak bird who knows nothing. Next time maybe i will do better in keeping you with me forever. That plan will start now.

I'm Back Grian

(1331 words)