Chapter 9 - Xisuma and the Cave

BEFORE WE START, I HAVE HAD NO MOTIVATION FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS AND SO, SO THIS CHAPTER WILL PROBABLY BE HORRIBLE, SORRY

1st Person POV (Xisuma)

I teleported back to Hermitcraft, staring at the lush leaves above me. The jungle was so beautiful, I had never before decided to stop and admire it until now.

- Time to go find Cub and the rest -

I gently muttered below my breath. I was tired from dealing with Admin of YHS, Sam, and now had to go find 2 blithering idiots who were in a cave.

- Might as well try phoning -

I pulled my arm up to my face, tapping my admin strap and calling Cub. Within seconds he answered.

- Ello Ello? What is it X? -

A distraught noise blasted through my admin strap.

- Hey, Where are you guys? I had to deal with someone and i've forgotten what the coords were which you gave -

Classic me, forgetting important information. For all I know, they could've moved on already, forgotten to contact me saying they were leaving the cave and going home.

- Oh, again Xisuma? -

I heard Mumbo's voice chime in the background of the call. I heavily sighed, spinning in a circle until I saw a cave with a light source coming from within.

- Think I've found it, sorry for bothering, will be there in 2 minutes -

I hung up the call, turning to face the open cave in the near distance. I slowly jogged up to it, entering it before me. There were tons of bats and the torches seemed to be dimly lit. This indicated that someone had lit them yesterday or early this morning, no one in their right mind would think these were lit 2 minutes ago.

I slowly came to a walk as I noticed engravings on the wall. They were quite disturbing. I wouldn't want anyone under the age of 10 to see them.

I slowly turned a corner, ignoring the marks in the walls. A small door stood at the end of the extremely straight and very man-made tunnel. Step by step, I took my time entering the small narrow tunnel. I was lucky enough I fitted with my suit on, my helmet just scraping the top. I wondered if Mumbo had any problems with his height and this tunnel. He would be breaking his back walking through all hunched.

I slowly touched the door handle, the cold texture and feel of the handle told me no one had touched it recently which was strange. Didn't Mumbo and Cub enter this place not long ago? I shook my head, it was probably just my brain playing tricks on me. Cub and Mumbo had to have touched this recently or they wouldn't be here.

Shaking my thoughts aside, I turned the handle, letting the door slowly swing open. I stepped through, accepting whatever my fate would be. For all i knew, i could be killed by some animatronic. Or even attacked by some guy named MatPat telling me what's canon and what isn't in MY own server. (Enjoy retirement MatPat)

- Cub? Mumbo? -

I called out longingly, longing for a friend to appear in front of me, my call was sadly only answered with a bat flying into my helmet. I let out the most manly scream (High-pitched classic girl scream) and continued to run straight into the room it came out of. 

Red camera eyes peered at me as I felt the floor move.

- Uh Oh -

I whispered before the floor dropped, I screamed once again as I plummeted down into the pit. The pit seemed endless until I realised I had an elytra.

For once being smart I deployed my elytra, gliding slowly down to the floor where I hit a dripstone block.

- Someone tried to kill me -

I gasped, looking to see if I could see anyone who was behind this but no, nothing. All I heard was the squeak of a mouse and a door. An unlocked door.

- Whoever made this must be an idiot, leaving unlocked doors everywhere, if they wanted to trap someone they would be better off locking doors -

I sighed, walking out the door to a very lit area, it seemed to be inhabited with bugs but also newly lit torches and a.. Parrot? Wait, a Vex as well?

Then it hit me, the little bell in my head dinged and I realised what I was looking at.

Grian and Scar.

(742 words, not as many as usual,  but its 23:54 at night and i need to publish this. Again sorry for lack of motivation i am planning 3 new fanfics, but yeah. Goodnight!)