Chapter 10 - Helping

1st Person POV (Xisuma)

I rushed towards them, on my knees as I slid towards them.

- Guys, are you alright? -

I breathily spoke as Grian was curled up in Scar's somewhat arms. Scar slowly turned towards me, his bright blue eyes welled with tears.

- Sam hurt him, look at his wings -

He cried out, I could see how pale and bloody Grian's wings were but I didn't want to mention it. He looked so unwell.

- Scar, give me Grian and i will- -

- NO! -

He yelled, he seemed to be in so much pain, mentally and physically.

- He's hurt, i don't want to let go -

He sobbed out. It was clear he didn't want to let go so I had to think of something.

- Let's get him back to Stress, to get him cleaned up -

I softly spoke. Scar looked down and then back at me, slowly turning back to his former self. He slowly nodded, standing up slowly with Grian's limp body in his hands.

As we walked back I was wondering where Mumbo and Cub had gone, I still hadn't seen them.

- Scar, did you see your brother or Mumbo at all? -

I questioned. What would happen if Sam had taken them and hid them somewhere before I got rid of him. What happened if he killed them when he came out and that's why he was covered in bruises, self defence bruises.

Another question that hit me was, why didn't Grian use his watcher powers, why didn't he use them? He could, right? He should still have them, even if it was a whole new season, right? Too many questions, too little time. I just had to get them both to Stress for a check-up.

- No, I haven't seen them. I feel so bad, this all happened because of me! -

He sobbed out loudly. I softly rubbed his back, trying to comfort him to the best of my abilities.

- Scar, it isn't all your fault, if your fault at all! Sam has been trying to track Grian down foe 7 or 8 years -

He turned to face me, his tear stained face just with pure shock.

- 7-8 years? W-what? That's such a long time. How could he deal with this for so long -

He was surprised, I don't blame him. It was a long time that Sam had been chasing him for. I just wonder what grudge he had which made him keep chasing. I nodded, leading him out the cave. I didn't want to have to explain everything to him, especially while he is so vulnerable in this position.

As we broke into the daylight we had to blink, we weren't used to how bright the sky was compared to the dark dingy cave.

- We better get him to Stress quickly. Her base is over there if you want to fly over -

I suggested, it would be quicker to get him back anyway. Scar shook his head at me.

- I'd rather walk, thanks, I feel quite tired and I think walking is for the best, you can rush along though. I'd rather have some more alone time, with... him -

Scar looked at Grian in pain, his eyes glistened with tears.

- Scar, do you know about what happened last... season? -

I cautiously asked. If he knew then i could explain more but... it didn't seem like he did know much. At least by the way he was looking at me, confused.

- I think so- i remember a bit about it, like how he was there but that's about it if i'm going to be honest, i just feel some care for him and sympathy every time i see him and i don't know why -

I nodded. I knew how he felt, it happened to me when we went from S1 to S2. i didn't remember much but now i do, now i remember everything.

- i understand, ill leave you be. Just make sure you get to Stress in the next hour, or we'll have a sticky situation on our hands -

He nodded, promising he would be there in the next hour and I flew off. Scar didn't know much, that was true but he did know something, something about Grian. I hope the truth doesn't hurt him when the time comes to tell.

(only 776 words, so sorry but i've been planning a lot out. So sorry if this chapter makes no sense considering it took me 2-3 ish months to write, majority of that was in school last tuesday. Sorry for such a short chapter and again sorry for making you wait. I have plans and I'm working on them as we speak. Now that I'm finished the Grumbo I can put more time aside to work on this considering I've delayed most of my other works for this. Hope you enjoyed the last chapter with the hyphens, and it's time for a new beginning. Together)