Chapter 7 - A New Greeting

TW!! MENTIONS OF BLOOD⚠️

1st Person POV (Scar)

I am sitting alone.. In a dark cell. Just one singular torch and a mattress which are mine. I am sitting alone.. In a dark cell. Just one singular torch and a mattress which are mine. I am sitting alone.. In a dark cell. Just one singular torch and a mattress which are mine. I am sitting alone.. In a dark cell. Just one singular torch and a mattress which are mine.

- AHHHHHHH! -

I screamed in frustration. I was sick of the cold stone floor, ceiling and walls. The same uncomfortable bed and the same torch which Sam had lit too many times to count just to give me some light and heat. I had woken up from a loud screech of what seemed like a bird. Yeah.. a bird. A BIRD! Panic shot through me when I realised a bird was screeching, it was most likely Grian.

- GRIAN! -

I screamed at the top of my lungs.

- GRIAN PLEASE ANSWER ME -

Screeching continued. I started bashing the bars. As violent as I could, slowly making a dent in the bar. Yes.. I was making progress. Quickly I started pounding and bashing the bars, hoping to be able to break through but the screams had stopped. I looked closer out the bars, I could see a blurry figure through my tears, dragging an even paler person, wings red and bloody. I stumbled backwards, hands covering my mouth as tears streamed down my face.

- YOU MONSTER -

I screamed, my eyes flickering a light bright blue.

- YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS! -

A bright blue hue glowed around me. Blue Vex-like wings kept flickering into existence. Sam had turned his grin slowly falling, he was realising what was happening to me. He realised that my Vex powers were getting out of control.

- Scar, please don't! -

He yelled, trying to stop me. I would stop but I couldn't anymore, I was out of control.

- Scar! -

He called again as I charged into the bars, teleporting right through them.

- YOU HURT GRIAN -

I screamed, gliding quickly over to him. A swift moment later I had a blade to my throat.

- One wrong move my friend, and you will be dead my friend -

He said with a mischievous glint in his eye. My eyes flashed a deep blue as I stared at him, a flash of white appeared. I had lost control completely..

1st Person POV (Mumbo)

Semi in the future

- Helloooo, how lucky to have 2 new guests here -

The bunny man spoke to us, his smile faltering slightly when he spotted Cub.

- Another Vex i see, i don't your kind -

The man snarled. Cub was looking terrified.

- What's your problem? -

I asked, pushing Cub behind me. He was scared, I was too but I was taller and probably looked more scary. The man laughed.

- I had just finished dealing with a man by the name of.. Scar -

Cub's face dropped when he heard his brother's name. He probably thought he was dead, but by the way the bunny man was staring at us, it probably didn't end that well. I was closer so I could see bits of blood that had dried on his nose and neck. His right eye looks irritated. He looked battered from head to toe. I smiled with this knowledge.

- By the way you look, are you sure you dealt with him.. Or did he deal with you? -

I said smugly. The bunny man gave a nervous laugh. Cub started to look angrier and angrier. Soon moving to stand next to me, he was still holding my hand though, that made a small smile on my face.

- WHERE'S MY BROTHER YOU IMBECILE -

He yelled, he looked so powerful screaming, flickering into a full Vex, his eyes going pure white. The man was stuttering while trying to speak.

- Heyyyyy, c-calm down m-my friend -

It managed to spit out. Cub had let go of my hand and shot at the man, strangling him against a wall.

- I said, where's my brother you little shithead -

Cub said through gritted teeth. He was mad, very mad.

- Down there -

The man pointed down the tunnel making Cub let go of his throat. He grabbed my hand and started to drag me down to the bottom of the cave. I quickly glanced at the man who looked terrified, he was rubbing his neck as we ventured onwards. Cub however suddenly stopped when the lights were barely close enough together.

Hey, Mumbo? -

He asked, looking up at me.

Yeah Cub? -

I replied with, I was curious on what he was going to ask, this was one of the longest times I had spent with him, he seemed to be attached to me at this point, but it was just the scariness of the cave though.. right?

Wanna hang out at some point if we come out of here alive? -

Damn he was thinking we were going to die. We wouldn't die under my watch.. I think. But I went and answered his question.

Of course, that would be very fun -

He looked down with a sigh of relief. Why was he so nervous? Anyway we ventured onwards until we hit a door, just a single jungle door. Cracks and scratches covered it, the doorknob slightly bloody.

I don't want to touch that, I didn't bring my gloves -

Cub whispered. He was a small germaphobe when it came to.. blood? Does that count as a germaphobe? I stood in front of Cub, grabbed the doorknob trying to think that it was just some redstone, twisting it until it clicked. I slowly opened the door, stepping in before the Vex who was cowering behind me. Terrified of what I was going to see.

[966 Words!!]