Chapter 9

The 6th floor of the Epicenter Films looked... just like a regular office building. It looked like the one my dad works on. I went to his office once or twice. I can't remember.

There were hallways, each door had a number poking out of it. People in suits and professional skirts, heels clicking and paper crumpling. I was occasionally glanced at, since I was wearing a grey hoodie and some jeans and some high top converse. I also had my backpack on, so I was a bit out of place.

I checked the time on my phone. 5:40 P.M. I had roughly 20 minutes to do whatever I wanted.

I decided to give myself a mini tour around the floor. I noticed there was a cafe on the floor. Like... a full out Starbucks coffee shop.

What the f-

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw a lady storming towards me. She had very high black heels and her eyebrows seemed fake. She had a very low bun in her hair, which also frightened me for some reason. She stopped right in front of me, towering over me because of her freakishly long legs.

"What are you doing in this floor?! This is the private office area, how did you even get here without an ID?! The public offices are on the fourth floor!!" The lady whispered yelled.

"Uh~" I stared but her face was very angry and it scared me. So I just reached into my pocket and showed her my ID. "I have an internship for Mr. Sterling."

Her face turned red with embarrassment. "M-Mr... Sterling? As... in Maxwell Sterling?" She asked, looking frightened.

"Yeah...?" I replied, but then soon realized something.

Most of these office workers down here have never met Maxwell Sterling. If they have, it was most likely in the elevator or something, nothing too important. Therefore, making my sudden announcement for meeting him must of intimidated this lady in front of me.

She stared at me for a moment, then spun on her heels and began walking away in astonishment.

I couldn't help but smile a little. The lady seemed like a jerk, she deserved a wake up call.

~~~~~~~~~~

6:00 P.M.

That was the exact time I knocked on office door 630. The door opened to reveal a depressed looking worker in the office. "Marcy, right?" She questioned, staring into my soul.

I smiled. "Yeah, that's me! You must be..." I recalled the name Emily referred to her as "... Olivia?"

"Yep." She was probably the most unhappy looking person on floor six. I didn't judge her though, the private offices looked very stressful. Is this how my dad felt at work?

"So are you the person giving me the scoop?" Olivia gave me a strange look. "Sorry that was really cringe.." I said, wincing.

'Come on Marcy!!! Don't screw this up,' I thought. 'This is why no one likes you.'

Olivia just sighed and shook her head "No, I'm not," She admitted. I narrowed my eyes. One other conclusion.

"Maxwell Sterling?"

Olivia shook her head again. "No, Maxwell is busy. It's a different director this time."

Before I could respond, I heard the door open behind me. I spun on my heels, seeing the man standing before me. I put my hands on my head in surprise, taking a step back.

She wasn't lying... It was him alright...

"Holy shit!" Was all I could muster.

"Language."

Author's Note:

I just finished this chapter. I hope yall like it. I really appreciate everyone that has been reading my story. I hope yall like it. Have a nice week yall. Oh, and the good parts are about to start I promise.