Chapter 11

Still Marcy's POV:

I opened my eyes, but something was different.

Pain. That's what it was.

A burn. I recognized that feeling.

I sat up in my bed, looking at the time 8:14 A.M. I was already late for the sleepover. Shit.

I looked at my alarm to notice a burn on my the back of my wrist. I remembered why I got that. I came home late last night, too late with my mom's cigarettes. She got pissed. Took a cigar and shoved it in my arm. Fucking hurts like hell.

I groaned as I sat up. Of course this is one of her lighter punishments, so I shouldn't really be complaining. I made sure to throw on a long sleeve shirt this morning, so I didn't have to make up a lie about the wound. I was too tired for that.

I looked in the mirror. I looked a bit rough.
My eyes had bags. That's right, last night my mom had decided to have on of her friends over. It kept me up all night. I'm surprised the cops weren't called since we live in a quiet neighborhood. Or maybe they were? I don't know.

I got my phone and looked at it. I saw a text from Sasha that was sent last night

Sasha:
Sleepover was canceled.

Anne had to work at her parents place.

Maybe we can hang out together.

My hair was also messy, but that's kind of a look nowadays, so I had nothing to worry about. I looked really tired though, I hope no one notices. Maybe I should call Sasha.

I ended up doing that.

"Hello."

"Hey... It's Marcy." I croaked.

"Oh. Marce. You sound rough."

"Yeah. Uh.. could you maybe bring coffee to the Metro this morning?"

"Yeah, sure. Anything for you Marcy."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"So uh, see you on the Metro?"

"Yeah. Guess so."

Silence.

"Okay."

More silence.

"Okay."

Even more silence.

It seemed as though both of us didn't want to hang up. I wanted to say more. But I couldn't bring my stupid mouth to say anything.

"Okay, bye Sash."

"Goodbye Marce."

I finally hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasha ended up bringing coffee onto the Metro for me.

"Woah, you look rough, girl," Sasha said to me. Her eyes were filled with concern. She felt my forehead with her hand. Although she has muscles, she has very soft palms. "You don't have a high temperature though."

"I'm not sick," I assured her with a smile. "Thanks for the concern though." I took a sip of the coffee, then winced. "Oh, that's hot!"I exclaimed.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I should've told you." Sasha took the coffee away from me. "You look like you could use a nap. You can take one at the metro on our way to place, if you want to. I can just wake you up when we get there," She offered. "By then your coffee should be cold enough to drink, yet warm enough to enjoy."