Chapter 19

Author's Note:
Hello y'all, so for this week's chapter I decided that my friend Cody would write this chapter. They have been helping me with the story. I haven't read the chapter . I will read it once they post it. I hope y'all like their chapter.

Marcy's POV:

I don't know how it happened, but one morning Sasha came over and decided that she'd give me the sponge bath.

"Is it okay?" She said.

"Well, it's kind of the nurse's job," I said.

"She said it was okay," she said.

"You asked her?"

"Yeah."

"Oh," I said. "Still, it's really her job."

"Your dad? He's never been home with you?"

"No," I said. "I don't want him to."

"Why not?"

"I just don't."

She was quiet. "I won't hurt you."

You've already hurt me. That's what I wanted to say. Those were the words that entered my head. Those feelings I was feeling for her. Those were the words I wanted to slap her with. The words were mean. I was mean.

"Let me," she said.

Instead of telling her to go screw himself, I said okay.

I just shut my eyes and think about thecharacters in the book I was reading. Somehow that got me through.

I closed my eyes.

I felt Sasha's hands on my shoulders, the warm water, the soap, thewashcloth.

Sasha's hands were bigger than the nurse's. And softer. She wasslow, methodical, careful. She made me feel as fragile as porcelain.

I never once opened my eyes.We didn't say a word.I felt her hands on my bare chest. On my scar. And when she did something made me feel guilty. All the memories came back to my mind. I fell a tear go down my face. 

When she was done, I opened my eyes. Tears were falling down her face. I should have expected that. I wanted to yell at her. I wanted totell her that it was me who should be crying. It should be me the one suffering. 

Sasha had this look on her face. She looked like an angel. And all Iwanted to do was put my fist through her jaw. I couldn't stand myown cruelty.